OnX... Or...????

Venom One

WKR
I got Gaia a few years ago based on feedback and hated it. OnX isn't perfect by any means, but I found it much more usable than Gaia. The onX updates do seem to cause issues sometimes and the 3d maps are laggy b/c of all the rendering, but I don't plan to try Gaia anytime soon.

I just spent a week trying go hunt, it was absolutely awful, I'm demanding my money back. No matter what I tried it wouldn't show roads or trails. Complete whiff on their part.

OnX has been glitchy for me for at least 2 years. Download offline maps but then they don’t render when I’m offline, waypoints not showing up when I’m offline, it not finding my current location and having to close it out multiple times, go to another app then return and it totally resets itself. One time it logged me out when I was in an area with no service. Couldn’t log back in.

They had me logout and delete, re-download and login again and still had those issues. Supposedly gave me a free year of elite but that never kicked in.

I’d say it functions properly 90% of the time. But that 10% when it doesn’t really sucks.

I don’t know that there is a better competitor though. Hopefully GoHunt can up their competitive level and both platforms will improve.

I have been using GAIA gor the past 3 years and I'm very happy. I can use it with multiple devices and computers. 2 partners can use it together and mark waypoints in real time. Great selection of overlays. It is also compatible with my vehicle mapping software when i offroad, and it has nautical and aeronautical charts too. But, having said all of that, I never subscribed to any of the other providers to do a head to head comparison.

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
OnX. Perfect? Prolly not, but it set the standard and works good. I'm a huge scout/map nerd and I've gotten to the point where nothing beats Google Earth on a big screen for that... so for fieldwork and epexectations, OnX hits it.

dtrkyman

WKR
Tried GAIA trial run, was missing a lot of features compared to ONX, ONX for me at this point. Some new ones coming out but have not looked into them seriously.

ONX service is oustanding also.

I just really like my BaseMap. Works pretty dang good for me. OnX was starting to irk me about stuff so I switched 1.5 years ago and haven’t been back. Maybe OnX is better now but haven’t tried it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpine4x4

FNG
Tried GAIA trial run, was missing a lot of features compared to ONX, ONX for me at this point. Some new ones coming out but have not looked into them seriously.

ONX service is oustanding also.
What features was GAIA missing that ONX has? Based on comparison charts GAIA has more overlays and as many features. Running GAIA right now, but not opposed to running ONX as well. Fatmaps definitely has some good 3D, but Google Earth is king if you're on desktop.