Optic Selection

38Gcaddy

FNG
Hey Fellas,

I realize there will be a ton of different opinions on this, but here you go.

I’m looking to increase my optics. I’ve been interested in Swarovski. I notice I mostly use my 15’s, so I’ve recently upgraded from the older model to the new HD’s. Absolutely amazing.

I’m looking to get either 8.5’s or 10’s for closer in glassing it’s possible archery situations and then a spotter. Maybe the new ATX system.

What do you guys think is good to have without going overkill on too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you're willing to carry... In my experience with glass, more is better. But a BTX on a 95 is not fun to haul around. BTX on a 65mm is amazing, and not too bad to carry. Bank breaker though. I have been using swaro 10x42s in a chest rig, and a 65mm ATX for the past while. Lightweight system, finds animals, and i don't need to be able to score animals a mile out so plenty of power for me. I hunt steep mountain country though so weight is a big deal

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
38Gcaddy

38Gcaddy

FNG
Depends on what you're willing to carry... In my experience with glass, more is better. But a BTX on a 95 is not fun to haul around. BTX on a 65mm is amazing, and not too bad to carry. Bank breaker though. I have been using swaro 10x42s in a chest rig, and a 65mm ATX for the past while. Lightweight system, finds animals, and i don't need to be able to score animals a mile out so plenty of power for me. I hunt steep mountain country though so weight is a big deal

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk