Other hunters lying

I usually try to be a vague as possible so I don't have to lie...Where you kill that elk? On the mountian. Where you catch those fish? In the water. I find a smart-ass answer has the same effect as tell somebody to F off.

LostArra

WKR
One year at a Wyoming check station a couple of G&F guys checked our cow elk in coolers. They actually checked one cooler and said we were good to go. They asked if we saw any big bulls, to which we replied YES. They asked where. One of my buddies replied, "if we tell you, we have to kill you". The G&F guys laughed and said "ok ok, we understand".

Fatcamp

WKR
LOL. I follow all the rules and am a very honest person..... Except when it comes to hunting. We are not that good of friends. Spent years figuring out where I can find some animals without a crowd and I'm sure not inviting you along.

I do have spots I would like to explore and have invites several people to check them out with me. No takers this far.

EastMT

WKR
I found a spot a bear has been staying, where bears aren’t normally found. Talking to another guy I told him 100 miles the wrong direction.

You have to be extremely careful telling, sharing pictures, etc.

I can tell you exactly where several filmed sheep hunts were harvested, down to the ridge. Mountains, lakes, rock formations, vegetation are extremely telling. Protect your spots. I seen some homemade Alaska sheep video that said it was up Sheemoobou creek, I’ve been to that creek haha!

Crop them photos so there’s no background!

I had a guy years ago claim that I shot a good buck out of his treestand and spread the rumors all around town that I was a dirt bag.

First of all, this guy was the dirt bag.
Second of all, I had no idea where his treestand was at but I knew he hunted the general area (Which was public land mind you)
Thirdly, I was hunting out of my climber the night I shot my deer and you can even see it in the back of my truck in the photo of me with the deer.

So a month of so later I finally got the opportunity to confront him about it while he was at a party around a bunch of our mutual friends.

Right in front of everyone I walked right up to him and thanked him for putting that treestand up for me to use. And I walked away. My friends all knew the back story and though it was funny that he didn't say shit back to me. lol Good thing too because there would have been a hurt feelings and nose report required....

To this day I believe that idiot still thinks I shot that deer while hunting his stand. lol Where I killed the deer was over a mile away according to a couple of the guys who knew exactly where he hunted. But I will never tell him that.

People are so strange. And jealous.

I usually just make up a landmark that doesn't exist.

This guy likely did not poach an elk. I would have a hard time believing that someone would poach and elk and then go to a gas station with it in plain view.

Poser

WKR
I was out scouting for rifle season the last weekend archery season was open 2 weekends ago. Saw about 15 elk total. On the hike out, encountered 2-3 groups of frustrated archery hunters asking if we had seen anything.

Answer: “nope”

Truth:
81072384d185ccb982cbb4b5aa12ba4d.jpg

I was out scouting for rifle season the last weekend archery season was open 2 weekends ago. Saw about 15 elk total. On the hike out, encountered 2-3 groups of frustrated archery hunters asking if we had seen anything.

Answer: “nope”

Truth:
81072384d185ccb982cbb4b5aa12ba4d.jpg
Hey is this unit 22 on turkey ridge?

A long time ago:

I once randomly changed the registration numbers and colors on a plane (edited my picture) because I knew guys were trying to figure out who was flying me places. Some guy sent me a PM and told me he talked with the owner of the plane and was told I wasn't known to them and they didn't even fly hunters. Turns out I accidentally put in the valid numbers from another guy's plane....what are the chances? I told him that pilot was in on the deal and was deliberately misleading him. "You should call him back and ask him to stop with the lying".

I literally could NOT care less where anyone hunts and where they kill a good animal. If someone tries to get info from me, I just tell them my memory is bad.

slick

WKR
I'm glad the general consensus is the same. I'm in agreement with everyone else.

That feller has no obligation to tell you chit.

I literally could NOT care less where anyone hunts and where they kill a good animal. If someone tries to get info from me, I just tell them my memory is bad.
Something I always say when guys start putting in for units based on big animals killed there is "The 400" bull is dead, why the hell would you want to go hunt it now?"

TSAMP

WKR
Its interesting to see how we as humans like to assume the worse. Between this thread, and that other about the guy hiking with a rifle out of season. Yikes guys.

Now i am not immune. Recently have a nice buck on camera with double notched ears...neighbor is out of stater from Wisconsin. Its sort of weird how that deer's ears look exactly how cattle's do when they rip out their tags..now im not saying the guy transplanted a farm buck, but im not NOT saying it either..

OP
W

williaada

WKR
I hate being put in the position of having to lie in the first place. I don't mean to be rude, but I think asking is not good hunting or fishing etiquette. If a stranger asks I'll point in a general direction. Friends know where I hunt and we talk a lot about areas and even specific drainages and saddles. But in general I don't think asking a stranger is proper etiquette nowdays.
I did not ask anything specific other than what unit it was in.

I did not ask anything specific other than what unit it was in.
Honestly most of the people I consider friends i don't tell a unit to heck i won't even say a county and that would consist of 2 or more units.
Why would I want even one more person looking into the area?

Wait until u find a good spot and then see someone in there.

I 100% believe it is extremely rude to ask a unit. I never do.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Last night after getting out of the field my brothers and I stopped to get some gas at the local gas station. While filing up the tank another hunter came in to get gas and had a quartered out cow elk on a trailer.

As both trucks were filling up. I asked the hunter what unit he got the elk in, and if he got it last night or during the day. The guy told me he had a type 6 tag and got it in the NF on Sat. But the meat was still warm. Something about his story did not make sense because I pay very close attention to the units and season openings for type 6 tags. When we got back to camp I went over my notes, and realized the unit and seasons did not match, and I did not see a tag on the animal. Not sure if the guy took the animal out of season or shot it else where.

Anyways, the fact the guy lied or poached a cow out is season bugs me when the majority of us do the right thing. Rant over.
Lol…
Last night after getting out of the field my brothers and I stopped to get some gas at the local gas station. While filing up the tank another hunter came in to get gas and had a quartered out cow elk on a trailer.

As both trucks were filling up. I asked the hunter what unit he got the elk in, and if he got it last night or during the day. The guy told me he had a type 6 tag and got it in the NF on Sat. But the meat was still warm. Something about his story did not make sense because I pay very close attention to the units and season openings for type 6 tags. When we got back to camp I went over my notes, and realized the unit and seasons did not match, and I did not see a tag on the animal. Not sure if the guy took the animal out of season or shot it else where.

Anyways, the fact the guy lied or poached a cow out is season bugs me when the majority of us do the right thing. Rant over.
lol you must be from the Midwest. I lie to my best friend about where I hunt.