Pants for Stalking.... Knee pads?

I’m looking for suggestions on pants for stalking Mule deer in Early October. South Dakota/Montana/Wyoming area of the country.

I have never had knee pads in pants but I feel like I definitely need these. Open to any suggestions....... Thanks.

mlob1one

WKR
The Sitka timberline pants are great albeit a bit warm, but for when and where you're looking they should be perfect.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If you need to get close, like stickbow close, the sitka apex are deadly quiet. Also an all around great pant for mild to moderately cold weather.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
Some styles of military OCP pants, ATACS -AU, etc. Propper unif sells them. They are GREAT for lope hunting.
Some of mine were "free"... just had to do a few vacations in the desert. 😁

I've used built-in for work, not hunting. They are good for the random intermittent use, but not for prolonged use. The fabric at the knee will get worn out and the knee pads don't breathe and will get sweaty. The pads don't stay put when moving around.

For hunting, I would get light strap on knee pads to put on before a stalk. They will stay where you need them while moving, protect your hunting pants from premature wear, and can be removed when not need so your knees don't get sweaty.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Wonrate Gear has a new pant out that is the early season pant. Has knee pads that come with it and a place for them to go so they don’t move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use both the Kuiu Alpine and the Pnuma Tenacity. If its heavy dew and cooler...Kuiu. Warm and dry - Pnuma. I remove the kneepads in the Pnuma's when walking, they are easily inserted when needed.
I use a Firstlite Corrugate in Sept. They are Merino wool and breathe the best - i have a carpenter knee pad I throw on if needed

KyleR1985

WKR
If you opt for strap on pads, arcteryx are awesome. I use them for saddle hunting, working around the house, and if I’m chasing deer innnasty stuff on hands and knees.

I have the timberline pant and they work to an extent, but they are not a true knee pad. You can always get thicker pads to put in the pockets of any of the pants where they’re removable.