Favorite early season pant with knee pads

I have an archery antelope tag this year in southern utah so temps in the 80’s or higher, likely much higher. Seems like all the real early season pants don’t come with knee pads and or hip vents or are not compatible with knee pads. What is everyone’s go to for temps in the range?

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I previously did a thread asking about favorite pants and the top two early season were Sitka Ascent and Kuiu Kutana. Once the Ascents have hip vents or the Kutanas have knee pads, they’ll have my money.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
Here in AZ, I wear the Sitka Ascent pants. They work great for October quail season down here near PHX. Then early season tags up on the Rim in higher elevations. Yes, I do wish for hip vents, but still better than anything else I've tried so far.

Legend

WKR
Following.

I am sold on knee pads. But I can't find a company that makes a good September pant with knee pads.

KHNC

WKR
Check Pnuma Gear! The PURSUIT PANT. Of course they just had a 50% off July 4th sale. lol. I love their lightweight pants. They have kneepads AND lifetime warranty. One of the best companies i have ever dealt with.

Edit: Just looked in the OUTLET area of their site. Pursuit is 120.00 WAYPOINT is on sale for 172.00 with 10% additional discount if you sign up on the website looks like. WAYPOINT is a little heavier.

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
I previously did a thread asking about favorite pants and the top two early season were Sitka Ascent and Kuiu Kutana. Once the Ascents have hip vents or the Kutanas have knee pads, they’ll have my money.
Kutanas with vb kneepads (at your ankles until needed) might work. And better than cutting vents in the Ascents

Legend

WKR
Check out the Kuiu Pro pant. They have the knee pads and vents.
I have a couple pairs of these. Just too hot for early September. With thin long johns I take the pro through November.