Perfect Deer Cartridge?

That looks like a rabbit compared to the deer I shoot 😂
I’m relieved to hear you shoot deer bigger than 2yo cull does on an overpopulated high-fence.

I’m sure we’d all love to see some of those cranker deer you shoot along with the caliber and bullet used, distance, necropsy photos, or any other relevant info to the OP.

Btw, welcome to Rokslide.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
No where near as much deflection with .308 shooting 180’s compared to any .243 bullets in the brushy woods here. Not even close.
It's hard to remember what I was thinking 2 YEARS AGO, but I believe it was something along the lines of all bullets deflect to some extent if you hit a solid object between you and the animal and you probably won't hit where you were aiming.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

49ereric

WKR
It's hard to remember what I was thinking 2 YEARS AGO, but I believe it was something along the lines of all bullets deflect to some extent if you hit a solid object between you and the animal and you probably won't hit where you were aiming.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I know there are studies that claim a 6.5mm bullet has less chance of deflection.
all I know is what the old timers knew for this area. Heavy hazel brush-thick woods 150’s would not hit a deer at times so they used 180’s but some swore by a 220‘s in an 06.
anything can deflect but what gives you best chance for your area is debatable.

Swamp Fox

WKR
A cannonball prolly deflects less than a ping-pong ball ...

That's what I've always said ....

Leprechaun Smoking A  Pipe.jpg