Plumbing Question

I just pressure washed the tile in my shower with a small electric pressure washer. I remove the aerator from my bathroom sink and screw a fitting into the faucet that allows me to connect a garden hose which supplies the water to my pressure washer. It works fantastic, but I have one small problem...I am getting a small leak on the supply line to my faucet.

I have never worked on newer plumbing like this as my wife and I just built this house last year, but it is a two handle Delta faucet that has a supply line to each handle as you'd expect and smaller supply lines that connect to a push type 3 way splitter. There is a small line running to each handle and to the faucet nozzle. Is this something that is for temperature blending or what? I believe it is leaking right at the 3 way splitter. I believe when I turn on the cold water that it causes this fitting to leak when the pressure washer is not actively running.

Any thoughts on all of this and how to fix this? Would it be better to connect this to my faucet on my free standing tub?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Q child

WKR
Maybe the flange washer has come loose from the valve pipe when the pressure pump lost head in the penstock. The simple fix is to use your pipe wrench to turn the stem tube to where the fitting matches the coupler in the tank.

I'd try to snug the nut first if that doesn't work pull it apart and dope the threads and give that a try as long as a gasket isn't torn you should be able to fix it up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hmmm....my plumber recommended and they have a lifetime warranty.

My good friend who’s a plumber told me he’s had 2 deltas flood a bathroom and 1 flood a kitchen/living room. All unit failures. But good thing is has a lifetime warranty to replace your house.

OP
B
This is the part I believe is leaking. Also...what's it there for?
b8c8be76520262a55aa4012094f0bd3e.jpg

OP
B
My good friend who’s a plumber told me he’s had 2 deltas flood a bathroom and 1 flood a kitchen/living room. All unit failures. But good thing is has a lifetime warranty to replace your house.
I'll take my chances.

2muchhp

WKR
Can't tell you how it's rigged without seeing more but those are a type of pushlok fitting and used alot now days, fast and cheap. Theybxan be replaced with ferrule brass fittings that will not leak.
Your pressure washer may have back fed more pressure than they liked.

OP
B
Can't tell you how it's rigged without seeing more but those are a type of pushlok fitting and used alot now days, fast and cheap. Theybxan be replaced with ferrule brass fittings that will not leak.
Your pressure washer may have back fed more pressure than they liked.
Yeah. Same fittings as on an ice maker. What are those small supply lines for?

OP
B
I'm just going to say that I hope the waterproofing was on point behind the tile if your blasting away with a pressure washer in the shower.
It is adjustable and I am using a very mild stream. Not much stouter than the shower head. No issues with that.

woods89

WKR
It is adjustable and I am using a very mild stream. Not much stouter than the shower head. No issues with that.

Well, that's better than full power. Still, I hope there's a membrane system installed behind your tile. Tile and grout are certainly not impermeable.

Ahhh I didn't think it would be a push lock style I don't have a ton of experience with them. About all I've done is cut them off and replace the fitting that's leaking

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk