Plumbing Question

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Ahhh I didn't think it would be a push lock style I don't have a ton of experience with them. About all I've done is cut them off and replace the fitting that's leaking

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Yeah he could cut this junk out and replace it with a shark bite style connections. I don’t like using those but with the cheap faucet that’s his only option to make it closer to right.

OP shark bite makes a T and connections in that smaller pipe size. Probably your best bet. Or use your lifetime warranty.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
????? Very helpful.

It’s answers like this that make forums a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree but it is helpful while being sarcastic. Tile and grout for a shower is not at all water proof. It’s meant to breathe and there is supposed to be a good moisture barrier behind the tile before the wood studs.

Pressure washing to clean your shower will penetrate the moisture barrier over time and mold out and rot your studs if done enough. Especially the walls since there is no drain like the floor system.

That’s where your hot and cold meet before it goes up to the spout.

I've never seen anything like that before.. don't those black lines attached to the pex each go up to the faucet handles? Why does the water come back down the small lines to the middle?

If those are pex fittings going to the 3 way plastic push fitting, just remove the push fitting, cut the pex back about an inch then put in a pex clamp style brass or plastic tee fitting. All it's doing is combining a metered hot and cold water flow. Agree that that is one of the cheaper designs out there but as long as it's working I guess your ok. You will need a specialized pex clamp tool. It can be had on amazon for about 20 to 30 bucks.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I've never seen anything like that before.. don't those black lines attached to the pex each go up to the faucet handles? Why does the water come back down the small lines to the middle?
Diffuser/meter after the handles are opened and closed. Lessens the flow and pressure and creates a “mixing” of hot and cold before it comes out the center spout.

woods89

WKR
Agree but it is helpful while being sarcastic. Tile and grout for a shower is not at all water proof. It’s meant to breathe and there is supposed to be a good moisture barrier behind the tile before the wood studs.

Pressure washing to clean your shower will penetrate the moisture barrier over time and mold out and rot your studs if done enough. Especially the walls since there is no drain like the floor system.
Yeah. As a general remodeling contractor, I have personally installed a few tile showers and tub surrounds. I use a full Kerdi waterproofing system installed per manufacturer specs behind them. Even so, if one of my customers told me they were pressure washing their shower, I would have a few cautionary words for them.
Not saying that someone who's quite careful can't get by with it, but the potential for issues is definitely there.

Because the hot and cold supplies are being metered in the valve bodies in the handles before mixing in the plastic push fitting

Diffuser/meter after the handles are opened and closed. Lessens the flow and pressure and creates a “mixing” of hot and cold before it comes out the center spout.

I figured thats what the handles on the faucet did?

Is this common? I've hooked up dozens of sinks and never seen one like that.

I figured thats what the handles on the faucet did?

Is this common? I've hooked up dozens of sinks and never seen one like that.
I don't think they are as common. I don't see them often. But probably will see them more. I would think it's cheaper to make since I would imagine there is less brass required

Paradox

FNG
Call Delta.
they’ll probably just send you a new fitting. I had a problem with a new Moen faucet and the just sent me a new head with a phone call.

def90

WKR
This is the part I believe is leaking. Also...what's it there for?
b8c8be76520262a55aa4012094f0bd3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

What the F do you have going on there? As for leaking.. can't you simply see where the water is coming from? At a loss there, leaks are usally pretty obvious.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Take fitting to local plumbing supply store, get new one and replace it. if you don't know how to do it, they will show you.

I’m guessing the pressure washer was back feeding and causing the fittings to pulsate. Probably not an issue in standards psi loads.

Stop pressure washing your shower mark. You more then likely do have a water proofed board behind your tile. But, code in some places only requires seam and fastener water proofing 12” off the floor pan. For whatever reason, if the backer board isn’t sealed up all the way, it’s more then likely going to get water behind the tile with a pressure washer. Potentially adding risk in getting it past the tile board system your using.

HAHA! I'm a plumber in Australia, what the hell is going on under your sink or whatever? The only time those fittings are used in Australia is on the water supply to a fridge /ice maker/cooled water, with a pressure limiting valve. Volume in the taps must be poor.

Jauwater

WKR
If it's leaking at that 3 way, remove the 3 way by pushing down on the collar of those white sleeves on the top of the 3 way where the lines go Into that 3 way fitting. By pushing down on those collars the pipe should be able to slide out. Cut about an inch off those poly lines with a set of sharp cutters, then reconnect it. If that doesn't work contact Delta, and have them send you a new one.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Yeah. As a general remodeling contractor, I have personally installed a few tile showers and tub surrounds. I use a full Kerdi waterproofing system installed per manufacturer specs behind them. Even so, if one of my customers told me they were pressure washing their shower, I would have a few cautionary words for them.
Not saying that someone who's quite careful can't get by with it, but the potential for issues is definitely there.

The problem with it will be that grout is not meant to be power washed. If careful, sure, but in 15 years of tile setting for a top notch organization I've never done it and know of no one else who has. The waterproofing should be fine, grout not so much.

I don't know his shower though, maybe he has a full epoxy grput that laughs it off.

there is probably a reason that there is NOT a single tile/grout manufacturer that recommends power washing. Think about it... Some of you guys seem to think my comment above was sarcastic, but after a lifetime of doing tile, it still stands. Some folks will do anything/cut corners/save time to get out of doing the actual maintenance required to maintain their tile the correct way. And to hook up a PW to that plumbing abortion under that sink, speaks volumes.....