PNW Traditions G4 Ultralight Loads

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried a handful of load combinations with limited success. The goal is a 150-200 yard Oregon legal muzzleloader. I have tried Thor's and TC maxi-hunter. So far I have just used Goex FFG powder. The maxi-hunter was closer than the Thor but still pretty far off from my goal. Wondering if anyone has had any luck? I have the Williams Globe Peep site installed. Also, I HATE the ramrod for this gun so any replacements you guys like would be appreciated. Thanks!

OP
P

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a 250 grain Lee “REAL” bullet out of mine with 105 grains of powder behind it. It’s spot on at 100, but I couldn’t tell you at 150-200. That’s a lot further than I can shoot with open sights.
Thanks for your help. The globe sight certainly helps but I am learning the limitations of my ability to shoot with open sights. I will give those a try. Are you using true black powder or a substitute?

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up getting my best groups with the 420 grain No Excuses over 90gr 777. I am shooting the Pursuit Ultralight VAPR. Approximately 5" drop at 150; zeroed at 100. Open sights that is as far as I stretched it out.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

OP
P

PLhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Following up with what ultimately worked for me. 110 grains of 777 with a 297 grain Thor bullet. Taken a black tail buck and pronghorn buck with that setup.