Post Your 7 SAUM Custom Rifles Please!

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
In that hunters edge stock you can def fit a Bart 2B. I’d buy this barrel, then get in line with a local gunsmith - or even WTO - to have them chamber it in 7 SAUM and twist it on. Keep that 300 mag barrel. The Tikka factory barrels sell pretty easily.

Then get in line for an HCA magazine. Get on the email back order notification list. That's how I got mine. That said, the magazine your 300 mag came with will work for a lot of SAUM bullets. Just not the super long heavies.
Right on! Thanks for the info. Might try to go this route since I like my Tikkas so much. That barrel is out of stock unfortunately. 24" is what I wanted too... I could always have the smith chop and thread a 26" as well if I could find one available.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my 7 SAUM:
Lone Peak Fuzion Ti XM Length
Bartlein carbon barrel, 26 inch
XLR Magnesium 4.0 Chassis
Bix&Andy trigger
Ti-Pro muzzle brake
Vortex HD LHT 3X15
Totally weight of 8lbs 8.5oz
Shooting the 180 ELDM'S at 2858
I had Spartan Precision Rifles in Idaho take care of the barrel. I'm 100% on the SAUM train now.
cebbfcb6036894052271b912ab48fb9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thinking more about converting my Tikka 300 WM to 7 saum. I have the mountain tactical metal long action Tikka magazines as well as the short versions. Do these have room for the fat SAUM case? Anyone with experience using these? Thanks!

Forest

WKR
Thinking more about converting my Tikka 300 WM to 7 saum. I have the mountain tactical metal long action Tikka magazines as well as the short versions. Do these have room for the fat SAUM case? Anyone with experience using these? Thanks!
Mountain tactical told me it would work good. I have the magazine but no rounds to try it yet. I sure hope it works!!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Following this, my wife wants a HS Precision PHL in 7saum. BUT concerned about brass availability. Have everything else. Any / tips appreciated.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
ADG just did a run not long ago and it all got swiped up pretty quickly. Brass is definitely the main limiting factor with the 7 SAUM. Keep an eye out on snipershide classifieds. It pops up from time to time.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
ADG just did a run not long ago and it all got swiped up pretty quickly. Brass is definitely the main limiting factor with the 7 SAUM. Keep an eye out on snipershide classifieds. It pops up from time to time.

I had saw that. Gone in a flash. Will do, appreciate it.

JPMont

FNG
I am in the midst of a saum build as well. I'm going on tikka action though, adding ag alpine hunter stock, carbon six 20" barrel with 8 twist, zeiss v4 and finished off with an ultra 7 suppressor. My goal is to shoot the 155 hammer, or 175gr lrab as a second choice. Should have all my pieces together in another month or two, and hopefully the smith will have it ready to rock by spring!

Hey mine is near identical.

Tikka t3x stainless action
20” carbon six 1-8 twist
Area 419 20 Moa rail
Zeiss ultralight medium rings
Zeiss v4 6-24x50
Mesa precision altitude stock
Trigger spring
Shooting 168 Bergers at 2800 FPS
Ultra 9 suppressor (when It gets here)
Cheap but light magpul bipod
Still waiting on the suppressor of course. (Currently at 280 days since check cashed)
One thing I would change next time is to not get a saami spec chamber. Would like to run bullets out a little further or even some heavies but it shoots great so can’t complain.
008ACEAE-68D9-4514-BED3-E919992C869B.jpeg
03044D07-A632-4AF3-8D19-F071CF5701B8.jpegCBE12109-63EB-498D-BE9C-57A50931B47E.jpeg
008ACEAE-68D9-4514-BED3-E919992C869B.jpeg

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hey mine is near identical.

Tikka t3x stainless action
20” carbon six 1-8 twist
Area 419 20 Moa rail
Zeiss ultralight medium rings
Zeiss v4 6-24x50
Mesa precision altitude stock
Trigger spring
Shooting 168 Bergers at 2800 FPS
Ultra 9 suppressor (when It gets here)
Cheap but light magpul bipod
Still waiting on the suppressor of course. (Currently at 280 days since check cashed)
One thing I would change next time is to not get a saami spec chamber. Would like to run bullets out a little further or even some heavies but it shoots great so can’t complain.
View attachment 348796
View attachment 348800View attachment 348801
View attachment 348796
Bad ass! Did you go with the carbon six Tikka prefit or a blank from them?

JPMont

FNG
Bad ass! Did you go with the carbon six Tikka prefit or a blank from them?
I went with the prefit. Was a long wait for the barrel so they gave me a 10% discount on next barrel so thinking about building my 300 wsm Tikka now….. I called proof as they are located right down the road from me but they didn’t have a 20”. I actually wanted to go 18” but the suppressor recommeded 20” as shortest.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I went with the prefit. Was a long wait for the barrel so they gave me a 10% discount on next barrel so thinking about building my 300 wsm Tikka now….. I called proof as they are located right down the road from me but they didn’t have a 20”. I actually wanted to go 18” but the suppressor recommeded 20” as shortest.
Was going to order an 18” barrel from them. How long was the wait?

JPMont

FNG
Was going to order an 18” barrel from them. How long was the wait?
Mine ended up being like 5 months. But he told me I put my order in at about the worst time. Last March. They were having a hard time getting material cuz of COVID. Etc etc. but sounds like they got caught up somewhat

SouthPaw

WKR

I'm doing this exact build right now off a T3 300wm I never used.

7saum 24" proof prefit 8.4tw
Mesa Altitude stock
Tikka stock bottom metal
Modified tikka 300wsm mag to load them long (flush cutter/dremel to the spacer, using the guts from the 300wm mag)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My carbon six prefit came in 2.5 months. Ordered end of August and came mid November.

They are running another sale right now I see

Mine ended up being like 5 months. But he told me I put my order in at about the worst time. Last March. They were having a hard time getting material cuz of COVID. Etc etc. but sounds like they got caught up somewhat
How do you guys like the barrels?

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
Not really a custom, just a rebarreled Kimber. Can't think of a better all around rifle for me. Did go with the modified 8400 contour to get a tad more weight out front.

Have shot 120 TTSX, 140 ABs and 180 Scenars all very well. Shot to 600 yards with great results.

OpPIju9.jpg

OGfR0uR.jpg

fvPrBKG.jpg