Puffy Jacket

I recently switched from a FL uncompaghre and brooks to an EE torrid jacket. I used said EE torrid in a 7 day sheep hunt in Alaska last week and it was warm, cut the wind and kept me dry. I didn’t have a rain jacket so it pulled double duties. I feel as long as I keep it treated, it will continue to shed precipitation.

Arc teryx for me too. Daily coat in winter. No need to buy a hunting specific puffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t actually received it yet, but after doing a ton of research, I pulled the trigger on a montbell alpine parka. Seems to check a lot of the boxes for around $100 less than the hunting brands.

I haven’t actually received it yet, but after doing a ton of research, I pulled the trigger on a montbell alpine parka. Seems to check a lot of the boxes for around $100 less than the hunting brands.
Please let us know what you think. I am thinking hard about pulling the trigger myself.

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
I said "about" the size of a Nalgene. Why don't you give him your perspective on the size of the jacket compressed?

Someone piss in your cereal ? I didn’t even see your comment. Relax a little.

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
I just use a nalgene to reference in anything outdoors really. I was just scrolling through and commented.

Please let us know what you think. I am thinking hard about pulling the trigger myself.
Got the Montbell alpine parka yesterday, and though my experience with puffy jackets is limited, I'm impressed. It's light, extremely warm, and has a good fit. I'm 6'2" 178 lbs 32" waist and I got the medium. I feel like it fits well with a little extra room to layer underneath. I would throw this on as an outer layer for glassing in extreme cold.

Like most puffy jackets, it definitely feels like it would be easy to puncture, but that goes with the territory. It comes with it's own stuff sack and should compress down pretty easy. I won't know exactly how it performs until I'm in sub freezing conditions, but so far, I am please with my purchase.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
I actually just ordered this jacket myself too. Will report back after I use it this fall.

only one I've owned is a First Lite uncompagre 1.0 & love it but don't have anything to compare it to