Puffy jackets- Kifaru vs Kuiu

Trying to figure out which jacket is the warmest between the Kifaru Lost Parka and the Kuiu Super Down Pro (not the ultra)? I actually have the Kifaru and like it just wondering if the Kuiu is an upgrade or not. I think the Kuiu is lighter for sure. Thanks for your help.

snopro176

WKR
I've wrestled with this myself and not having own or ever felt the kifaru I'd say it seems like the kifaru is a little less of a "fitted" garmet unlike the kuiu, but with a good amount of durability built in which the kuiu just doesn't have. It's also a choice between down or synthetic, some like packability and being ultralight, some like piece of mind. Seems to come down to what's more important, weight or durability? I know I put a few holes in the knees of some FL puffy pants this year that made me wish I'd have gone with the kifaru's..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MikeyJG62

FNG
I have a Kuiu Super Down Pro. Great jacket. Very light, very warm. I’ve used it deer hunting in Idaho and at my daughters winter nighttime soccer games. I havent tried the Kifaru, so I can’t compare, but I can tell you you won’t regret buying a Kuiu pro. They just had a sale on them last weekend. I imagine another sale will come up soon with the holidays on the way.

Bad habit

FNG
Trying to figure out which jacket is the warmest between the Kifaru Lost Parka and the Kuiu Super Down Pro (not the ultra)? I actually have the Kifaru and like it just wondering if the Kuiu is an upgrade or not. I think the Kuiu is lighter for sure. Thanks for your help.
Take a look at first lite. Great gear, reasonably priced

JDB9818

WKR
The Kuiu is lighter and more packable. The Lost Park Parka is warmer and more durable. Get both. They are both great pieces.
I have both. I'll pack the Kuiu in my bag as a light fairly warm puffy in case I need it. But as a general rule I almost always go to my LPP. I LOVE THAT THING! Not as compressible and I will pack it at times, but it is bomb proof and very warm for me.

I do like the Kuiu for that ultra light option and the fact that I can have a puffy with me most of the time without really noticing it.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the LPP is also synthetic (Apex) which if you're hunting is wetter environs is a nice plus over down

if drier, the down is certainly lighter (and more compressible) for the same warmth

2531usmc

WKR
Does anyone have a comparison how these compare to the Sitka down jackets; kelvin lite down and the wind stopper down.