QAD Exodus broadheads- good, bad, ugly?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The Matrix must close in behind the Swept blades or your arrow rotates for some reason.

All of my BH's "spiral" into my foam targets. If I'm careful I can slowly twist the arrow as I'm pulling them out and they'll turn with the cuts made in the foam.

Indeed, mechanicals fly more like field points, so they are inherently "more forgiving" than broadheads.

This may be true, but when I'm BH tuning I'll shoot fixed blade heads and my mechanical practice heads as well as FP's, and the mechanical heads always hit very close to the fixed heads from the start. So IMO they still shoot more like normal BH's than FP's.

kcm2

WKR
I did not like the bloodtrails I got from them. For me, the Ramcats leave a blood trail Stevie Wonder could follow. YMMV.

My blood trail was about 5 feet long because that's as far as she went before she dropped.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_131516.jpg
    IMG_20200909_131516.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 102

chindits

WKR
Yea they shred my rhinehart pretty quick. I recall hellrazor practice heads not causing the same target damage.

Last edited:

Pgidley

FNG
The only downside is that 2 out of 3 boxes of them I've opened, I've sliced my finger trying to get them out. The third box I used a pair of needle nose pliers to get them out. I'd say they are sharp.

QAD Exodus and Slick Trick Viper Tricks are my favorite broadheads. The only con with Exodus is shredding the target pulling the swept blades out.

Holocene

WKR
They are one of the most balanced heads out there. Priced right, easy to replace blades, compact design, and tremendous flight for a fixed blade -- for me personally and in the broadhead tests online that Lusk and the Born and Raised guys did they scored exceptionally for accuracy, sharpness, and durability.

Only downsides for me are:

1) The back of the blade is not sharpened, so they don't pull out of targets as easy as broadheads that do sharpen this edge.
2) Extra drag at distance, but that's all fixed blade heads really.

EJDXT21

Lil-Rokslider
Resurrecting this thread as to not start a new one. I have been using the Exodus for a couple years now and man they're awesome. I did initially run into an issue that I'm curious if anyone has experienced.

I have been using the Black Eagle Spartan arrows, and when I switched to the Exodus I noticed they did not thread all the way down. I wasn't sure what the issue was but after some careful examination, it appears that the internal shoulder of the insert may be a bit shallow, thereby making the shoulder of the shaft of the BH hit and not thread all the way down, (if that makes sense). The blades are not hitting anywhere, I double checked all the clearances. I initially though the shaft of the BH was too long hitting on the insert weights, so I ground some of the shaft down as an experiment and it did not help. I though about shaving some metal off of the broadhead or drilling out the insert but decided to go with adding washers between the insert and the BH. That worked. Granted I did this to all my arrows to keep the weight uniform. But the only washers I could find had an ID too small and an OD too wide so I had to drill them out and shave some metal off.

Has anyone experienced this and if so does anyone know of a washer that would be a perfect fit I could buy so I don't have to modify anymore? The bow shop was hesitant to heat the inserts for fear of damaging the arrow and I have made due with the washers for now. I love the Spartan arrow and the Exodus broadheads, I'd hate to switch if I don't have to. Thanks.

The Exodus is great in every way, it can be a little touchy at long range or in a crosswind. It’s not the most forgiving fixed blade available but it shoots very well for the cutting diameter it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJRoth2

FNG
I switched to Exodus broadheads a few years ago after having some tuning issues with Muzzy and a lack of blood with Magnus buzzcuts. The Exodus has been the best of both worlds for me. Shoots dead on out to 40ish and always leaves a solid blood trail.

KyleR1985

WKR
Only downside I can come up with is in comparison to a sharp, small diameter COC two blade head. They will hang up in heavier bone that the two blade might split. It's a very small number of instances this might matter in real life.

They fly great, and sharpen easily.

Anecdotal evidence of one head giving better blood trails than another is silly.

Resurrecting this thread as to not start a new one. I have been using the Exodus for a couple years now and man they're awesome. I did initially run into an issue that I'm curious if anyone has experienced.

I have been using the Black Eagle Spartan arrows, and when I switched to the Exodus I noticed they did not thread all the way down. I wasn't sure what the issue was but after some careful examination, it appears that the internal shoulder of the insert may be a bit shallow, thereby making the shoulder of the shaft of the BH hit and not thread all the way down, (if that makes sense). The blades are not hitting anywhere, I double checked all the clearances. I initially though the shaft of the BH was too long hitting on the insert weights, so I ground some of the shaft down as an experiment and it did not help. I though about shaving some metal off of the broadhead or drilling out the insert but decided to go with adding washers between the insert and the BH. That worked. Granted I did this to all my arrows to keep the weight uniform. But the only washers I could find had an ID too small and an OD too wide so I had to drill them out and shave some metal off.

Has anyone experienced this and if so does anyone know of a washer that would be a perfect fit I could buy so I don't have to modify anymore? The bow shop was hesitant to heat the inserts for fear of damaging the arrow and I have made due with the washers for now. I love the Spartan arrow and the Exodus broadheads, I'd hate to switch if I don't have to. Thanks.

Little late, but I'll give my experience.

I have seen some inserts that are a little too small on the ID for the OD of the shank before the threads on the Exodus. Nothing with issues of them being threaded deep enough, just a little interference fit. Threading them in and out a few times seemed to fix it. Might have actually been the blades, where they fit into the slots now that I'm thinking about it.

will16_

FNG
I shot a Mature KS WT with them last November. 18yd, slightly quartered shot out of a treestand, pass thru. There were a few specs of blood at impact but that was is it. No other blood on the ground except where he fell, which was about 40 yards away so it was no biggie. the exit was thru the meaty part of the shoulder (like right behind the actual bone), I'm pretty sure the hole was plugged up by the leg. There was a ton of blood in the chest cavity and took out the top of the heart. It's a small sample, and I will definitely be Using them this year.