Quiver preference

87TT

WKR
Never heard anybody bitch about having too many arrows. Just saying.

Lark Bunting

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I both carry 5 arrow quivers, with more at camp, because you never know what can happen.

Last year while hiking out in the evening my son fell down in a steep deadfall patch. We made it a little over a mile toward camp in the dark and he realized his quiver had come off. I threw a couple of his extra arrows in my quiver the next day and we backtracked but couldn't find his quiver. I bought him a new one when we got home and new arrows as well as broadheads. Fast forward four weeks and we were walking the same area when I looked down between the logs in the steep deadfall and like magic, a beam of sun lit up the hood to his missing quiver.

That's the first time I've had to use the extra arrows in camp but glad we had some there.

cnelk

WKR
Anyone ever notice how many arrows Fred Bear had in his quiver?

Hint. It wasn’t 5.

Timber310

FNG
I currently have the Tight Spot 5 with just broadheads. I am thinking about switching to the 7 so I can carry 6 broadheads and 1 judo.

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
I went on a turkey hunt and brought 2 arrows. I shot the turkey with both of them and had to go find them to shoot it two more times. I also put 3 arrows into my whitetail buck last year. I'm not a bad shot, I swear !!! Shit happens! Fill a normal quiver, but keep some more in your truck

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
I second this I always carry in some extra arrows to be safe. You never know what could happen. You could slip and damage all you arrows. Think Murphy's Law

There was this one time a buddy slipped and fell into me taking out 4 of my 5 arrows.

I hunted with one that day, and restocked at camp. Sadly, I didn't need it that day, but two days later having one came in really handy.

Jeremy

be selective, take and make a great shot. 4 arrows is plenty. if you burn up 4 arrows, something or someone is out of tune. love my 4 arrow quiver and wouldn't take anything else into the backcountry.

I've only ever used a 3 arrow tightspot.. If I need more than that I probably shouldn't be taking some of those shots.. unless the elk just stands there after the first arrow, then I turn them into a pin cushion

bsnedeker

WKR
A lot of you guys must not run into very many grouse when you are elk hunting....i feel sorry for you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone ever notice how many arrows Fred Bear had in his quiver?

Hint. It wasn’t 5.
You sure? Fred was also known to mount a sight on his recurves too lol
98d4fa4631956e5f7d91c69f651c78a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I'm fairly new to elk hunting with a bow. I have used a 4 quiver the last 3 years. and never imagined needing more, due to my experience with NE whitetail hunting. I ran into a hilarious fellow out in the backcountry last year. He said he shot all 5 arrows, hit two different bulls and missed on his first two bull sightings. He said he was all over elk. Seemed like a nice guy.

Long story short, it got me thinking. Was that nice fellow just totally out of his mind or should I carry more than 4 arrows when going into the backcountry?

I don't think I would ever fling arrows like that guy, but I guess strange things can happen out there.

I saw it on the thread already, but I'll jump on the 5 arrow quiver pack. 4 broadheads, 1 judo for grouse. If you're fortunate enough to be in the position of that gentleman, hopefully you're accurate enough to land one. If you've got time to run through 5 arrows shooting at elk, you've got time to run back to the truck.

6 arrow quiver, 5 BH and 1 judo. Keep 3 spares at camp or truck 2 BH and 1 judo. Grouse make a great addition to the mountain house!

OP
Berger024

Berger024

WKR
Fred occasionally used four, but would often
I use a g5 6 arrow quiver. IMO arrows are light, take more than you think you need.
I agree. After seeing the responses I ordered a 6 arrow quiver, I'll keep the 4 arrow for whitetail. Depending on the day and what I feel like stocking in the quiver...4-5 with broadheads and 1-2 for judo for grouse.

AGPank

WKR
The grouse deserve it. I typically about step on them before they flush and give me a heart attack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk