Recommendations for best hot tent for 2 people plus gear?

Austin Kaufman

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same situation, I wanted a solid two person tent with the option of a stove. My wife and I hunt together a lot and we looked at the Cimarron and redcliff. We decided to go redcliff with a large seek outside stove. It’s a true palace for two people. Stove, gear, sleeping setups, lots of wood, and enough height to stand in the middle. The weight is split between us both so it’s really not that bad of a setup weight wise. Early season, we will run it on some hunts with a half nest if the bugs will be bad. I definitely never have once thought man, I wish I had a cimarron. Also you could sleep 4 with no stove pretty comfortably and get 3 with a stove if need be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I like my cimarron. I’ve used it for about six years this way, from summer backpacking with the wife and dog to late season cold hunts with a stove. It’s stood up over time to both nasty weather and high wind. No complaints. They also replaced a zipper for me and I was very happy with the entire experience. I can’t compare it to anything though, I haven’t used a different hot tent. Never felt the need to try. Also, bigger is better with the stove in my opinion. I have the medium and doing it again I would get the biggest one I could fit

gholmes

FNG
I have a Cimarron with a stove. I haven't camped with anyone else in it yet, just solo. I think it would work with two people + gear, but it would be a bit tight on space if you're running the stove. If you're not running the stove, I think two people + gear would fit just fine.

I'm 5'7" and can't stand up straight in it. I'm OK with that, but it's something to consider if that's an issue with you.

jhm2023

WKR
I've done a lot of mountain hunts with my cimmaron and a tigoat wifi stove with two plus gear without issue. Before that, I was using a tigoat vertex 6.5 which is similar in size to the cimmaron. Sure more space would be nice but it isn't "needed" and finding a big enough space in the mountains for the cimmaron can be tough enough in rocky terrain. I really like the more rectangular footprint of the cimmaron as it seems like a more usable space versus a round tipi style.

Cimarron with stove & just sleeping bags.

Probably about as small as you would really want to go for two people if you expect some weather, and would need to bring packs in and hang stuff to dry.IMG_5455.jpeg

bpitcher

FNG
I really like my Redcliff. As someone said, it is super roomy with two guys. That leaves plenty of space for gear, wood, stove, etc.

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m an LBO guy and if I want to stand up a 6 man. And standing up is REALLY nice when it’s cold out and snowy. I used a medium stove in the 6 man with 2 guys and it was ok but I wish I had a larger stove. And 100% recommend a liner. In the LBO it’s more than enough.

Id say a SO dyneema redcliff, but i dont think they make them anymore. I have the dyneema cimarron and that would be my 2nd choice to a dyneema redcliff. Cimarron gets a bit tight for me for 2 with packs and a stove but its totally doable. If we bring our big dog along it definitely feels a bit small but we make it work

Been running the Seek Outside Cimarron for a few years now. Primarily for late season mule deer backpack hunts. I have used it with both my Ti Goat Wifi stove and the medium/large U-turn. I feel like its about the perfect tent for 2 guys on backpack type hunts. We run the dual door version which for running with 2 people is the only way to go in my opinion; dont have to crawl over your buddy when you gotta go take a piss at night or to gather gear in the morning. You kinda get a system down putting gear at your feet. Not being able to stand up has never been a consideration for the way I use it, I feel like just having the space it provides and the stove is enough of a luxury on hunts like that. I will say I'd like to modify it to make a better way to hang things to dry. I have been really interested in tents like the Peax Equipment Tipi I think they have added some better design features like the trekking pole supports to hang gear. The new Seek outside Twilight is also very intriguing having that extra vestibule space and two poles to hang gear between would be pretty nice. Also the new Argali Selway has my interest it at first glance looks simular to the Redcliff with some added features. I am currently doing some looking though for something that would work better for family camping and when I pack with horses and I am willing to pack a little more weight. We used the Cimarron on a family camping trip this summer my wife and I plus our 2 young kids and it was definitely tight.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I sewed a stove jack into an SJK Outpost 4. We slept 3 with gear and a stove in it for most of October this year. Stings a little less getting ember holes in a $150 setup than it does a $700 setup. It's a palace for 2.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I sewed a stove jack into an SJK Outpost 4. We slept 3 with gear and a stove in it for most of October this year. Stings a little less getting ember holes in a $150 setup than it does a $700 setup. It's a palace for 2.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I have some Amazon version that I paid $125 for. It’s full of ember holes but it works great

dwils233

FNG
Seek Outside LBO that is a Base+Tarp+Base works well with my son and I with the stove.

Yup. LBO in btb or btv setup is great for 2 people hot tenting. That said, I think you'll have to wait for another special run or buy used.

Handy dang tent and incredibly versatile

That said, I'm real interested in SO's new Twilight as a next size up

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I’m another Cimmaron guy. While I haven’t don’t two guys in it with a stove it could be easily done with room for packs. Your not going to have a yard sale inside with 2 guys but there is room.

I did take my 4 kids and I camping one night in the Cimmaron. 4 of us laying one way with the 5th going across the heads of the other 3 kids. That tent was jammed full with zero room to move. I’d like a Redcliff or Argali’s new 6 person for that situation but finding a camping spot can be more challenging at times I’d imagine. Depending on the area (wooded) it can take a little more searching with even the Cimmaron.