Remi to first lite.

bobinmi

WKR
Well, I guess the speculation that Remi was getting away from meateater completely was false. He's on the landing page for First Lite now. I foresee Under Armour dropping hunting all together by the end of 2022.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I hope the claims of under armour dropping their hunting line will be wrong. There might be better gear, but the few pieces I have are pretty solid and it didn’t cost an arm and a leg

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Them letting 2 big names in hunting go kid of makes it feel like they are getting out of the hunting game completely. May not be the best stuff, but a big name like UA being in hunting may not be a bad thing

It will be interesting to see how UA deals with their hunting line with, they still have Cam as well as Lee and Tiffany.

ToolMann

WKR
It will be interesting to see how UA deals with their hunting line with, they still have Cam as well as Lee and Tiffany.
They don't have Cam anymore either. Lee and Tiffany don't speak to western hunters. My wife likes the UA stuff. She wears a mix if that and Sitka. The UA stuff is definitely a few bucks cheaper.

Poser

WKR
I wonder what the clothing contracts look like for those guys.

My understanding is that it varies pretty wildly.
Most are getting a “pro deal” in exchange for promotion, some are getting “pro deal” + commissions on discount codes (which can be lucrative if you have enough “influence” to really drive some significant sales). Only the top dogs are getting directly paid money for using the product. We know at least one recognizable name was/is getting 40k annually for using/pimping a backpack brand. That’s probably the upper end for hunting.

Even that vast majority of people sponsored by the likes of a brand such as TNF aren’t getting paid stipends. instead, they can get adventures paid for if they win in the application process. Otherwise, free (best case) and pro deal gear. I know a guy sponsored by Burton snowboards: as far as I know, he gets “free” and discounted gear and an annual heli skiing trip to Alaska (to create content with other “brand ambassadors”)

The reality likely is that these brands don’t have to pay much because there are plenty of people who willingly use an “endorsement deal” to up their status. I’m going to venture 2k a month is the high end for anyone getting paid by a hunting brand, and that’s probably difficult to come but Of course, you string that together with a boot deal, a pack deal, a archery brand deal, some boutique dehydrated meal brand, maybe a tent deal + some even more boutique, accessory gear deal (Frankenstud, for example), then you can start thinking about making a living so long as you create content, pump those social media #s, attend all of the trade shows, hit your social media posting quota and show performance metrics that can potentially be equated to a ROI for the brand -very, very, very few are just getting paid to be a badass.

grfox92

WKR
My understanding is that it varies pretty wildly.
Most are getting a “pro deal” in exchange for promotion, some are getting “pro deal” + commissions on discount codes (which can be lucrative if you have enough “influence” to really drive some significant sales). Only the top dogs are getting directly paid money for using the product. We know at least one recognizable name was/is getting 40k annually for using/pimping a backpack brand. That’s probably the upper end for hunting.

Even that vast majority of people sponsored by the likes of a brand such as TNF aren’t getting paid stipends. instead, they can get adventures paid for if they win in the application process. Otherwise, free (best case) and pro deal gear. I know a guy sponsored by Burton snowboards: as far as I know, he gets “free” and discounted gear and an annual heli skiing trip to Alaska (to create content with other “brand ambassadors”)

The reality likely is that these brands don’t have to pay much because there are plenty of people who willingly use an “endorsement deal” to up their status. I’m going to venture 2k a month is the high end for anyone getting paid by a hunting brand, and that’s probably difficult to come but Of course, you string that together with a boot deal, a pack deal, a archery brand deal, some boutique dehydrated meal brand, maybe a tent deal + some even more boutique, accessory gear deal (Frankenstud, for example), then you can start thinking about making a living so long as you create content, pump those social media #s, attend all of the trade shows, hit your social media posting quota and show performance metrics that can potentially be equated to a ROI for the brand -very, very, very few are just getting paid to be a badass.
I doubt Remi is only making $2k a month or getting free clothes to go over to FL. Cam Hanes allegedly turned down double his yearly salary from UA last month, so I'm guessing over $100k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I doubt Remi is only making $2k a month or getting free clothes to go over to FL. Cam Hanes allegedly turned down double his yearly salary from UA last month, so I'm guessing over $100k.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
$100k for which one? Cam or Remi? I doubt either one is getting anything close to that for hunting clothing representation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

$100k for which one? Cam or Remi? I doubt either one is getting anything close to that for hunting clothing representation.

The money in marketing is unreal. I believe it. I imagine the 20+ years he's spent at his government job (cam) has him making close to 100k there if not over. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if UA offered him double that. The Rock got 1 million dollars to promote a movie on his social media. 200k is pennys to UA.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
The money in marketing is unreal. I believe it. I imagine the 20+ years he's spent at his government job (cam) has him making close to 100k there if not over. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if UA offered him double that. The Rock got 1 million dollars to promote a movie on his social media. 200k is pennys to UA.

Big companies spend a f*** ton on marketing. 200k for UA is nothing.

Poser

WKR

Comparing The Rock, who is currently commanding the highest price tag of any actor, promoting a film with a massive budget, to any hunter with an endorsement deal is not anywhere in the same universe of comparison. Consider for example that Cam Hanes maintained a day job and remi warren is primarily a guide.

I was in an under armour factory (outlet) store recently and asked the manager there if they every had any of the hunting line in. she looked at me like i had 3 heads.. she didnt even know UA had a hunting line of clothes.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Highest pay level for the City of Eugene's Water Works dept is a little over $82k. Nobody working for the city is making over $100k except for maybe the Mayor.