Remi Warren no longer hosting Cutting The Distance

Zaccav505

FNG
Well the first episode of the new Cutting the Distance was basically an infomercial trying to justify the absurd price on their new turkey call. Missing Remi already!
Agreed. Hopefully, Jason will do good work, but their $300 turkey call doesn't interest me a whole lot

Chuckybmd

WKR
I listened to the new podcast. Seems the same, just a different name. This was a huge relief for me. Remi’s podcast was by far my favorite.

I can’t help but wonder why the switch. He mentions that he “lost” the name of the other podcast and had to go with “Live Wild.”

Loco4dux

WKR
Keep Steve off cutting the distance. Tired of hearing him blabber. They need less commercial, more hunting. Hopefully Jason can steer it that way. Jason’s first episode was a joke had to turn it off. Looking forward to the new remi pod though.

ODB

WKR
I listened to the new podcast. Seems the same, just a different name. This was a huge relief for me. Remi’s podcast was by far my favorite.

I can’t help but wonder why the switch. He mentions that he “lost” the name of the other podcast and had to go with “Live Wild.”

It’s probably just part of meateater intellectual property stuff. And Steve has better lawyers so remi just left it.

I did just notice the subtitles of the podcast is “Jason Phelps and friends”. Looks like it’s already dawned on them it’s hard for a single person to keep the content rolling.

woods89

WKR
Keep Steve off cutting the distance. Tired of hearing him blabber. They need less commercial, more hunting. Hopefully Jason can steer it that way. Jason’s first episode was a joke had to turn it off. Looking forward to the new remi pod though.
I don't want to run this thread off the rails, but the Meateater podcast episode with Matt Rinella about social media was the last one I listened to. It seemed like he was not going to give an inch in admitting that there are some downsides to what he's doing.

I respect some of the things he's done for hunting. I think his earlier books are great. Without question he has changed some peoples minds for the better. But I'm just done with the rampant commercialization of Meateater. For me it's lost what made it so unique, and from here on out I'm not buying Meateater products or consuming their media. I don't hate them, I'm just not interested anymore.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Really glad to hear that Remi's podcast format stayed the same. Have been listening to Cutting the Distance reruns while rucking.

Tried to listen to the new cutting the distance with Phelps and just did not find it interesting and seems to be more of just meat eater 2.0. Rinella always seems to try and dominate the conversation.

ODB

WKR
Really glad to hear that Remi's podcast format stayed the same. Have been listening to Cutting the Distance reruns while rucking.

Tried to listen to the new cutting the distance with Phelps and just did not find it interesting and seems to be more of just meat eater 2.0. Rinella always seems to try and dominate the conversation.

It is exactly the same. He did like a one minute explanation and “brought to you by” and then right into his stuff.

This is a good way to do it as it is respectful of the listener who, honestly, didn’t tune in to hear the ads, no matter how important they might be for sponsorship.

I left a 5-star review. And I never, ever leave reviews.

JjamesIII

WKR
I bumped a five star review as well even though it’s only on episode- it’ll be cutting the distance 2.0 basically. If you like remi, you should subscribe and review his new show, give him support

Reactions: ODB
It seems odd as he was with UA and then signed with FL and now "lost" the name of his podcast under the Meateater umbrella.

ODB

WKR
It seems odd as he was with UA and then signed with FL and now "lost" the name of his podcast under the Meateater umbrella.

Again, don’t discount the notion of handing over a ready-made audience to a new guy because the old guy will easily and quickly rebuild his audience. Hell, Meateater may have paid for that audience as a severance. Dunno. It’s all weird now anyway since the strategic partnerships and 55 million bucks needs to be handled carefully, you know.

Again, don’t discount the notion of handing over a ready-made audience to a new guy because the old guy will easily and quickly rebuild his audience. Hell, Meateater may have paid for that audience as a severance. Dunno. It’s all weird now anyway since the strategic partnerships and 55 million bucks needs to be handled carefully, you know.
Good point.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
This article explains some of the power of the meateater brand. Note that at the bottom they mention Chernin also bought a majority of Food52. If you follow the links to kitchen goods on meateater, guess where you end up? Food52.

Like it or not , your love of hunting and tinkering with gear, and loyalty to a brand is being fully exploited to get at your wallet for the benefit of TCG. Feels all a bit like the Tom Miranda thing, aye?

$300 Turkey call anyone???

Last edited:

rodney482

WKR

Steve met his match w Waddell