Remi Warren no longer hosting Cutting The Distance

SWFLhntr

Lil-Rokslider
What happened?
Waddell likes to talk almost as much as Steve lol. But like ODB said he just comes off as a genuine guy. He’s got a great story.
Just listened to Remi’s podcast. I respect the hell out of that guy but it’s too much technical stuff for me. But if I did the kind of stuff he does (and many of you guys/gals do)it would be fantastic I’m sure.

This article explains some of the power of the meateater brand. Note that at the bottom they mention Chernin also bought a majority of Food52. If you follow the links to kitchen goods on meateater, guess where you end up? Food52.

Like it or not , your love of hunting and tinkering with gear, and loyalty to a brand is being fully exploited to get at your wallet for the benefit of TCG. Feels all a bit like the Tom Miranda thing, aye?

$300 Turkey call anyone???

What is the Tom Miranda thing?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
What is the Tom Miranda thing?

Ah, he was on the podcast recently and essentially said he didn’t hunt for fun anymore, it was just all business now. That unless it was to make a video to be sold, he didn’t even go out for his own enjoyment.

It was a kind of watershed moment in the podcast because going into it you think “this guy is super successful; he must really have a passion for hunting, etc”, then it turns out he’s doing it for the money and flatly says it.

He can do as he pleases, but it’s an odd gig.

Ah, he was on the podcast recently and essentially said he didn’t hunt for fun anymore, it was just all business now. That unless it was to make a video to be sold, he didn’t even go out for his own enjoyment.

It was a kind of watershed moment in the podcast because going into it you think “this guy is super successful; he must really have a passion for hunting, etc”, then it turns out he’s doing it for the money and flatly says it.

I wondered if that was what you were talking about. I listened to the podcast and heard those comments.

Kilboars

WKR

I hadn’t heard that either. Always a big fan of Tom’s but I get it. He was never hunting with friends and family. It was always for the camera.

I recently heard a podcast with Jack Nicklas saying he doesn’t care about playing golf anymore. To busy with family and his charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Man, some you guys are silly. Or just have zero business sense. Remi leaving was simply the end of the contract and they were unable to come to an agreement on an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply Remi deciding to go out on his own.

Most of what he does is very independent.

The meateater team is clearly moving in a direction. I won't get into which direction for the sake of argument.
What we know of Remi he wants to do things his way. I don't see Remi taking too well to being told to do a pro BLM podcast. He would rather just stick to hunting.

GWilliams

FNG
Full of great hunters and outdoorsman writers, meateater’s crew simply falls in behind Steve’s lead. Remi possesses perhaps not the writing skills Steve has, but certainly exceeds him in the knowledge of western hunting. Not dogging on anyone.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Random side question:
Anyone else wonder where Janis Putelis has been lately? He used to be a main character but I feel like I haven’t heard him on anything as of late.
He has a different job in the company. Doesn't allow him to be available all the time for the podcast.

He used to be the producer. That job now belongs to a Woman named Corrine which is where I would guess some of the left leaning topics and guest come from.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

hbell

FNG
I read somewhere that Remi is doing a new podcast along the same lines, maybe on his instagram. Don’t quote me on that though

bobinmi

WKR
He has a different job in the company. Doesn't allow him to be available all the time for the podcast.

He used to be the producer. That job now belongs to a Woman named Corrine which is where I would guess some of the left leaning topics and guest come from.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
janis doesn't have any trouble finding the left leaning individuals. He can just do it himself or call his brother...

Having Cutting the Distance (a wealth of western/exotics hunting experiences/tactics/stories) hosted by Jason, “I dont hunt deer just elk and turkeys”, Phelps is almost as ridiculous as Steve interrupting each guest 50 million times to spout off about some ADD riddled story thats barely related to what the guest was talking about. Its a meateater match made in heaven.

Sad Remi signed away the podcast he led (most likely-I’m not a lawyer for either party), but with the meateater profit train rocketing along, why wouldnt you try and get involved.

Remi is bigger than MeatEater. Surprised he was there as long as he was.
This is the funniest thing Ive read today. Does Remi dominate the hunting clothing section at scheels? Does Remi have 55mil in his pockets? Has Remi bought multiple other hunting companies, got his show on netflix, or have one of the largest “sports” podcasts on spotify (top 5)? I really respect Remi and think he is a wealth of information but he’s niche and the numbers back that.
Remi leaving was simply the end of the contract and they were unable to come to an agreement on an extension……He would rather just stick to hunting.
Do you work for meateater or Remi or something? Maybe you do, maybe you’re an influencer or something lol, but thats a lot of statement of fact if you havent talked with insiders.
Random side question:
Anyone else wonder where Janis Putelis has been lately? He used to be a main character but I feel like I haven’t heard him on anything as of late.
The podcast has really gone downhill without Janis. No one to call Steve out anymore, all yes men/women now.
That job now belongs to a Woman named Corrine which is where I would guess some of the left leaning topics and guest come from.
*eyeroll* You think Steve talks about anything he doesnt want to? It also may surprise you but some people have the ability to lean left AND right depending on the issue. If keeping public lands out of the hands of private companies makes me a total lefty, then I guess I’m doomed.