RokStok

ljalberta

WKR
AND bore sighting. I don't want to remove the action because then I have to clean the friggin loctite off the action screws, which takes forever, then reloctite it and also verify my zero again after reinstalling the action. They're legitimate reasons.
I toss the screws in a little container with a splash of acetone. Shake and bake for a few seconds, then fresh loctite and back in. I don’t think they need to be pristine to hold.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It all comes back to what I posted several pages back. It's the most toxic yet pervasive "thing" in society today that people can not let go of or check.......ego.

I started to really listen to form's suggestions about two, or maybe even three years ago. I took the approach, "maybe this guy knows more than me, i should listen." I've asked the guy many questions and all he's ever done is answer them. Then I went out and tried what he suggested. I've only become a better shooter. And "peashooters" with match bullets kill the hell out of critters.

Mr. Avery has mentioned on the shoot2hunt podcast he kinda took the same path.

Open your mind and check your ego is all you have to do.

So, broken collar bone with my 375 Cheytac? Wait I'm delicate, broken collar bone with my .17 ARC.

I haven’t boresighted in years yall boresight that much?

A scope in the middle of its range always end up on a cardboard box at 50 for me for one initial round
Yep, set a scope to the middle and on every rifle so far it has been on an 11x8 sheet of paper at 25.

TxLite

WKR
Gotcha. Yeah I swap scopes all the time and never boresight. Obviously different people different strokes. Don’t use alignment rods either but understand why you would
I don’t use alignment rods because I don’t see the point when pulling the bolt out is free.99

Bore sighting isn’t the end of the world. Will just have to start at 25 or 50 and then move back to 100

atmat

WKR
I’m honestly surprised there are so many thoughts on color scheme of the stock. That has never been a sticking point for me.

I suck at bore sighting anyways. Never seem to get the first shot on paper. I Just shoot at a big dirt mound on low power and watch where it hits through the scope 🤷 should be even easier with the rokstock

gabenzeke

WKR
They could Build it like the mag tube on the old Remington Nylon .22 except it’s a bore guide.

You’re welcome. I’ll take a free stock for that bit of technical advice.
This is actually kind of genius

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
If there's enough room (relief) to pull the bolt for cleaning, there's enough room to put your eye where the bolt just passed through and bore sight the gun. The Rokstock isn't the first negative comb stock out there and this isn't a particularly difficult design problem to solve.

I am upping my home network game to become a Gigilionnaire
You have to see the parallels….the hyped up presale, the release of a modified version of something that already exists as “forms version”

Form is clearly the Taylor Swift of rokslide

Which begs the question, does that make @Ryan Avery or @Unknown Munitions his Travis Kelce…

TheCougar

WKR
I’m honestly surprised there are so many thoughts on color scheme of the stock. That has never been a sticking point for me.
I’m not hung up on it necessarily. Unless the entire thing is just bright green… then I’m not so hot on it. If it’s broken up into some kind of black/green pattern then that’s more my speed.

4th_point

WKR
Holy smokes... 53 pages. Thought I recall seeing an image of the Rokstock but can't find it. I don't see anything on UM website either.

Curious how it compares/contrasts to the new design from Allterra or am I way off thinking that they have some similarities?

Screenshots from Allterra page:

1701584041597.png
1000002391.png

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
Im a bit surprised how concerned people are with boresighting and other minor nuances. We should all just appreciate that somebody is investing their $$ into bringing a different product to market. There is always trade offs that either cost more, add weight, etc.

I’m just happy that [mention]Formidilosus [/mention] [mention]Unknown Munitions [/mention] [mention]Ryan Avery [/mention] are taking us along for the ride and pushing for something new. Going against the norm is difficult particularly when it takes investment.

At the end of the day I don’t expect it to be perfect and if I don’t like it there are 800 other options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not a concern, it's just a fact. I've modified my own tikka stocks already to achieve similar geometry, and am sharing that experience with other folks who clearly don't even know what negative drop at heel actually means, let alone have hands on experience with it.

Damn. Didn’t even think about that. I always bore sight literally by sight because lasers are impossible to see in the day light. And it’s faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have never bore sighted a gun

I start close and it’s never been a problem, it never takes ten shots, my 223 took 4 from mounting scope to 100yd zero

I will not miss the ability to bore sight, I have never done it