RokStok

Unsure of what I want to do with sling stud placement. Right now I use a QD on the bottom, and mounting the front stud as far forward as possible. I usually have a 26” barrel and heavier scope so they tend to not carry very well on the shoulder and want to ride/fall back unless I mount the front stud far forward.

I’ve killed so many bucks off hand going quickly from the shoulder sling that I cannot bring myself to abandon the shoulder carry sling…I do carry it attached to my pack when I’m not still hunting or in the deer.

Never tried the left side QD sling setup for shoulder carry..definitely curious about that option if anyone can chime in with their experience there.
I've put QD cups on the left side of my rifles for a while now. They sit flat against your back more so than along your side. It's more comfortable and much less prone to slide off. Also gets the studs off of the bottom of the gun where they mess with front rests and rear bags.

I've put QD cups on the left side of my rifles for a while now. They sit flat against your back more so than along your side. It's more comfortable and much less prone to slide off. Also gets the studs off of the bottom of the gun where they mess with front rests and rear bags.
Gotcha. I do a QD on the bottom and detach my sling so it doesn’t interfere with my bag at all.

It’s comfortable to carry like that? Any chance you’d mind snapping a pic carrying it like that? I’ve been searching but have a hard time finding good examples of carrying a rifle like that.

Unsure of what I want to do with sling stud placement. Right now I use a QD on the bottom, and mounting the front stud as far forward as possible. I usually have a 26” barrel and heavier scope so they tend to not carry very well on the shoulder and want to ride/fall back unless I mount the front stud far forward.

I’ve killed so many bucks off hand going quickly from the shoulder sling that I cannot bring myself to abandon the shoulder carry sling…I do carry it attached to my pack when I’m not still hunting or in the deer.

Never tried the left side QD sling setup for shoulder carry..definitely curious about that option if anyone can chime in with their experience there.
Kifaru gun bearer is another option, and literally as fast as a sling if not a little faster

I hate slings and haven’t had one on a rifle in a few years. Some people don’t like the gun bearer, but I would never go back, lots of advantages for the hunting I do

The bucket on the kifaru is designed well for getting your rifle quickly, and going back into carry mode without dropping the pack

madcalfe

WKR
Kifaru gun bearer is another option, and literally as fast as a sling if not a little faster

I hate slings and haven’t had one on a rifle in a few years. Some people don’t like the gun bearer, but I would never go back, lots of advantages for the hunting I do

The bucket on the kifaru is designed well for getting your rifle quickly, and going back into carry mode without dropping the pack
I'm with you on the gun bearer and no sling.
nice thing about the gun bearer is your scope is protected by your arm if you fall

ID_Matt

WKR

Came here to say the same. Or the creative outdoors slik sling, which has become my preference.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm with you on the gun bearer and no sling.
nice thing about the gun bearer is your scope is protected by your arm if you fall
Another kifaru gun bearer fan here. I've slipped plenty in the PNW wetness and my gun/scope escapes all the damage. Also, it seems like I can get it to shoulder as fast as from a sling.

fwafwow

WKR
Actually the bulk of the stock is going to be H-213 with H-346 highlights. I have a H-346 bottom metal for it as well because I'm a lunatic and want orange on everything.
I think I’m doing 258 and 128. Was going to get 128 BM before UM announced new DBM. Can we just give two colors and discretion to UM or do we need to specify how the colors are applied?

Ok, finally had a chance to fall down the cerakote color rabbit hole and I've now overthought everything. I've gone from ryans crocs (H-175) all the way to plum brown (h-2980) and back . I'm glad the presale wasn't this week. I would've been calling UM every other day to change colors and having a mini stroke every time I found a new color I liked. I'm going to pick some colors and stick to it! (help me be accountable to this rokslide)

The .223 will be going in a rokslide green weave Lord willing. But the 6.5 creed has me stumped. Do I offset the gayness of the creed by going with some dark earth commando/tacticool colors? Or do I lean into it and go with H-349/H-329?

Besides the UM cerakote gallery is there a good place to see these colors on actual rifles? The color swatches are nice but my brother is a painter and he says the swatches can turn out different from what the colors look like IRL.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Ok, finally had a chance to fall down the cerakote color rabbit hole and I've now overthought everything. I've gone from ryans crocs (H-175) all the way to plum brown (h-2980) and back . I'm glad the presale wasn't this week. I would've been calling UM every other day to change colors and having a mini stroke every time I found a new color I liked. I'm going to pick some colors and stick to it! (help me be accountable to this rokslide)

The .223 will be going in a rokslide green weave Lord willing. But the 6.5 creed has me stumped. Do I offset the gayness of the creed by going with some dark earth commando/tacticool colors? Or do I lean into it and go with H-349/H-329?

Besides the UM cerakote gallery is there a good place to see these colors on actual rifles? The color swatches are nice but my brother is a painter and he says the swatches can turn out different from what the colors look like IRL.
Lots of times if you google the name of the color and google image search you can find guys and gals who’ve done up guns and other things.