Sanity Check - 6.5c vs 6c

MT_Wyatt

WKR
maybe im missing something here but what is the advantage to going to these smaller calibers? i can understand wanting less recoil. but we arent talking about a 300wm or even 30-06 here.... of all the caliber options we have available to us, i just cant understand the logic of wanting to find the smallest caliber possible that does the job, which in turn just limits your abilities and opportunities..... i mean just because ya can, doesnt mean ya should.
Whole thread on that exact question.

woods89

WKR
Bill Gates initially thought the internet would make adults more responsible by providing more ready access to information but has come to realize it has mostly allowed whackos to find one another and unite.

Not sure where we fall on that continuum…

This is about as succinct of a summation as I have seen to this date...

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
I own a Seekins Element 6mm CM and a Wby Backcountry Ti 6.5 CM. Both 5.5 - 6lb guns. The 6mm has noticeably less recoil in similar weight set ups. Highly recommend the Seekins in a 6mm

OP
O

Ophidian

Lil-Rokslider
The closest place I can get my hands on one to handle is 3.5 hours one way. Gonna just throw caution to the wind and order (post shot show)

Grizz99G

FNG
Nooo..... he discovered Global Warming, the Ozone Layer & let's not forget, above all, he saved us from Manbearpig.
The most realest question is what chambering would be best to take down a creature that was half man, half bear, and….. half pig?

Vern400

WKR
6 creed: good trajectory but very short barrel life.
Almost like a 264 Win. Go through an 8 pound jug of powder and order the next with a barrel.

Of the two it's easy to pick 6.5 unless you're affected by the small caliber craze of RS. 6.5 CM barrel life isn't great but liveable. The 308 you can borrow will outlast 2 of them though.

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure you have thought about already but what about the 6 arc. Also midway has a sale on certain 6mm bullets right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk