Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

Thanks for posting! Just got one as well. Was able to get 5 gift cards from card cookie to save another 14%. Now time to hunt down some 7mm rem mag ammo...
@joestrow Thank you for posting this! I went back and bought 5 gift cards and Cabelas applied them towards my purchase/refunded my Visa. $430 Savage for Christmas this year.

joestrow

WKR
@joestrow Thank you for posting this! I went back and bought 5 gift cards and Cabelas applied them towards my purchase/refunded my Visa. $430 Savage for Christmas this year.
Glad to share any tips to save some money! This particular area of the forum has saved me quite a bit of money over the years.

MThuntr

WKR
Depending on your tolerance for messing with gift cards you could buy a few via Raise to save a bit more off the top. I ran into issues with them only allowing 5 gift cards for online purchases.

Brianmp01

WKR
Man I just bought a weatherby and now I might have to just buy one of these. Its too cheap to pass up.

Awesome deal, I sent it on a 7mm mag. Was considering getting their ultralight rifle but at this price, I couldn’t help my self.

Hopefully the barrel is thick enough to shoulder a suppressor on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
1st trip done, number 2175 in line for background check so maybe I can pick it up day before xmas. The barrel was a good contour, bigger than my .700" #5 Brux.

1st trip done, number 2175 in line for background check so maybe I can pick it up day before xmas. The barrel was a good contour, bigger than my .700" #5 Brux.

Good deal so it will likely have at least a .100 shoulder for a can to seat against

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ac338

WKR
Ordered last night and picked mine up today. Only issue was a spot on the barrel where bluing was rubbed down, only one that was in stock so ill deal with it especially for the price.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I see they’re cheap, but are they any good? Are the customizable? Worth swapping the barrel and or stock for a custom build? I looked at one today and didn’t buy it. 24” barrel on a 6.5 creed. It seemed pretty heavy and clunky. Trying to convince myself to buy it but I’m not sure...

Superdoo

WKR
Am I the only one that looked at their price on tikka and said screw it. ????

Ac338

WKR
I see they’re cheap, but are they any good? Are the customizable? Worth swapping the barrel and or stock for a custom build? I looked at one today and didn’t buy it. 24” barrel on a 6.5 creed. It seemed pretty heavy and clunky. Trying to convince myself to buy it but I’m not sure...
I guess I'm going to find out. I picked mine up last night and ordered a MDT XRS chassis for it. I don't plan to hunt with it but could be a fun range gun for not a lot of money. Also a lot of pre fit custom barrel options and seems very simple/cheap to swap the savage barrels. The action isn't as smooth as the tikka but I think/hope it will group just as good and still plink steel out a ways.

Sturgeon

WKR
Am I the only one that looked at their price on tikka and said screw it. ????
I just handled a buddies new savage and didn’t think the action cycled anywhere near as nice as the used tikka I just picked up. Also was a bit heavier. The savage still is a very good price and has me thinking about it.

Savagenut

WKR
Long range Hunter. Hence heavier and longer barrel = heavier rifle.

Does smooth cycling action play any role in accuracy?