Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

MHWASH

WKR
I picked up the 300 WM yesterday for a few different reasons. I’m not going to lie, price was the biggest factor. I’ve been wanting a heavier 300 to try without a brake. With the LRH I can turn the brake closed. I’ve never owned a SAvage before so I wanted to try it one out.

I did have a bit of a struggle with my CLUB membership though. I haven’t used it in several years. I tried to order online, but my card didn’t go through. So I started a chat with a Cabelas representative. He couldn’t find my account so said I needed to make another. So I do that thinking “great I’ll save another $25 for becoming a CLUB member. I get my membership all set up, then I try to order the rifle. My closest store in 70 miles away across the border in Post Falls, but nope can’t order across state lines. OK fine, I’ll just drive there today, shows they have one in stock. Drive up, do all the stuff and go to pay. Tell them I signed up for a CLUB membership, ok let’s look it up. Punch in my phone # and say yep here it is. Turns out it’s my old membership. Screw it I don’t even bother to tell him I signed up for anew one.

wapitibob

WKR
@wapitibob You were the 2175th person in line for a in-person background check?!
Online only here in oregon

Bottom line, aesthetics wise they’re a savage not a kimber but, having spent $1100 on a kimber that was garbage I’ll take my chances with $500 savage. The wife can shoot it every weekend if she wants and I can spin a new barrel on it for a few hundred and keep going. The stock is twice as rigid as my old Remington SPS and adjustable for fit. I looked at them before and thought “cheap” but I couldn’t pass at the price.

Last edited:

Jet4

FNG
I ordered mine in 6.5 creed more , gonna pick it up next week. I was going to get a ruger american but like the savage better. Thanks for the heads up !

coues32

WKR
Online only here in oregon

Bottom line, aesthetics wise they’re a savage not a kimber but, having spent $1100 on a kimber that was garbage I’ll take my chances with $500 savage. The wife can shoot it every weekend if she wants and I can spin a new barrel on it for a few hundred and keep going. The stock is twice as rigid as my old Remington SPS and adjustable for fit. I looked at them before and thought “cheap” but I couldn’t pass at the price.
Did you sell your kimber? What caliber?

717jeeper

FNG
Montana in .308. Sold it several years ago.

What problems did you have with the kimber? I have a kimber 84m that has been “repaired”. I have had so much trouble with misfires out of the gun it is frustrating. Although when it does discharge it is accurate. I bought a tikka earlier this year and may sell the kimber soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjtt13

FNG
Thanks just picked mine up great deal,wive going to be a little upset but it's better to ask for forgiveness than Permission.
db6bc4033d5d6b58809f603e103d66b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chadd314

FNG
Was looking at the 6.5 284 Norma but factory ammo would be the concern.. any insight on factory ammo for this round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered 7 rem mag for store pickup.. Anyone have accuracy reports of this rifle? Looks like active junky is 1% but the $75 rebate is pretty nice!

Last edited:

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered 7 rem mag for store pickup.. Anyone have accuracy reports of this rifle? Looks like active junky is 1% but the $75 rebate is pretty nice!

The gun reviewed was in 300 WM, but accuracy didn't look horrible.

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a 300. Couldn't pass up the savings.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mine shoots the berger hvld 140 gr under an inch and the 143 eldx averages at that 1 in mark. Some smaller some bigger 5 rnd groups