Savage 110 Long Range Hunter 50% off at Cabelas ($485 after rebate)

Picked mine up yesterday finally and pulled out box with the same scratches around the trigger and some near the butt of the stock. The firearms manager agreed that that’s not what I purchased and gave me 10 percent back. I’m doing a new stock anyways, but just nice to know that they were willing to take care of the customer when it’s not right. Putting the scope today and maybe shoot tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the rings but they didn’t have bases that fit. I’m gonna go with a pic rail anyone get it set up yet and suggestions on model of one?

I’m curious to know what rings and/or base people went with as well. I plan on mounting a Leupold vx-3i-4-5-14x50mm or a 40mm on mine.

Anyone have any issues with the threading on the rifle for the bases?

No issue with threading for my picatiny rail. The rings that came with my swfa scope are pretty nice. I would be interested in starting a thread on the reloading area for all the savage lrh purchasers as far as loads, length to the rifling with different bullets and accuracy... Mine is a 6.5x284. If any other 6.5x284 buyers are interested pm me or post back here and we will try to shorten our learning curve.

Shot the Savage Long range hunter 7 mag today. First photo is 50 yards after making sure i was on paper and second is 100. Shooting Winchester cheaper ammo first pic at 50 and Sierra Game King 150 grain second pic at 100. So far it’s shooting well. It was not a big fan of Barnes TTSX about 1.5-2 inches at 100. Wish ammo was easier to find so I could try multiple types. Would like to try some ELDX and more Barnes. The recoil was super light and this is my first magnum. This must be due to gun weighing 8lbs. I closed the brake and think I will keep it this way. Gun was extremly fun to shoot and more accurate than expected out of the first 20 shots.

Attachments

• 7E801114-1D20-4CD8-9ABB-68936B17DE07.jpeg
    7E801114-1D20-4CD8-9ABB-68936B17DE07.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 86B18E7F-4674-404E-BDEC-474D1F05AFE4.jpeg
    86B18E7F-4674-404E-BDEC-474D1F05AFE4.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 118
Is the rebate gone? I don't see it anywhere on the cabela's site?

Nevermind, I just saw where it had to be purchased by the end of 2020. I guess I missed out on that one.

8eaef799be9a829615d1f12544aecfea.jpg

Got er all set up now just gotta get out to see how she shoots. I got the 7mm mag and gonna shoot the eldx 162 first. I was lucky enough to walk into sportsman’s over the weekend and there it was 10 boxes of ammo just sitting there lol crazy

Why are you going to redo it? Think it needs it with the aluminum bedding?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I had been reading on the “function” of the v block and center rib. Most were saying they had .003 gap to the rib and torquing down would create contact on the V and center rib at the action screws. I had about .040 gap at the rib. Also the recoil lug had no containment on the sides to prevent rotation at the shot other than what the action screws could hold. I wasn’t confident in that setup so I did a minimal bedding job to test.

8eaef799be9a829615d1f12544aecfea.jpg

Got er all set up now just gotta get out to see how she shoots. I got the 7mm mag and gonna shoot the eldx 162 first. I was lucky enough to walk into sportsman’s over the weekend and there it was 10 boxes of ammo just sitting there lol crazy

Would love to hear how it likes the ELDX. I got the same one.

PSA: if your order still says "Processing" on the Cabelas site, call the store you shipped it to as they probably already have it. Not sure why (other than Cabelas going to crap) mine never said shipped or at store, but it is.

I ordered mine on 12/20 and apparently it shipped on 12/22. I forgot about it and called yesterday, low and behold, it's ready for pick-up.

Edit to add: My stock also had some scuffs and the bolt face looked the same as @wapitibob pictured. I pressed on the damaged stock and the guy looked up the discounted price and said he couldn't do anything about the damage but I could refuse delivery. I asked for a partial refund and he told me they were losing $162 on this rifle as they are liquidating their stock so there was nothing he could do. Don't know if that is a sales tactic or not, but I feel good that we're sticking it to bass pro for ruining Cabela's if that is indeed the case.

Last edited:
PSA: if your order still says "Processing" on the Cabelas site, call the store you shipped it to as they probably already have it. Not sure why (other than Cabelas going to crap) mine never said shipped or at store, but it is.

I ordered mine on 12/20 and apparently it shipped on 12/22. I forgot about it and called yesterday, low and behold, it's ready for pick-up.

Edit to add: My stock also had some scuffs and the bolt face looked the same as @wapitibob pictured. I pressed on the damaged stock and the guy looked up the discounted price and said he couldn't do anything about the damage but I could refuse delivery. I asked for a partial refund and he told me they were losing $162 on this rifle as they are liquidating their stock so there was nothing he could do. Don't know if that is a sales tactic or not, but I feel good that we're sticking it to bass pro for ruining Cabela's if that is indeed the case.

Yeah I absolutely do not like doing business with them but this was a good deal and mine had the scuffs and my local cabelas said it wasn’t right if it was suppose to be sold as new and they gave me 10 percent back. Good to know there’s still some solid people in that company.

Back