Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Aklin458

FNG
Savage ultralight 6 5 prc ar 200yds shooting off a backpack. Lower right is a group, other hole was after a scope adjustment. 20210101_150028.jpg

505Wapiti

WKR
For anyone that may be interested and since I've had a couple of people PM me I though I would share... I just got around to weighing this thing finally. The NF is definitely heavy. It weighs in at 10.0 lbs even with the scope, sling, bipod and a loaded mag. I took the bipod off and it says 9.1 lbs. I apologize as I don't remember the brand of the bipod I'm using, its an older pivot/swivel bipod I've been using for over a decade. The NF SHV 4-14x56 C522 weighs 28.5 oz., so its like slapping a brick on top. Hope this helps if anyone is considering this rifle.

Spoonman

WKR
Just got one in 6.5PRC and alone the rifle weighs in at 6lbs6.75oz. that’s way off of the 6lb advertised weight. With talleys and a nightforce it’s at 8lb8oz

Just got one in 6.5PRC and alone the rifle weighs in at 6lbs6.75oz. that’s way off of the 6lb advertised weight. With talleys and a nightforce it’s at 8lb8oz
Seems like a common theme being over weight... Still going to get one if I can ever find the Camo 30-06 in stock anywhere

Spoonman

WKR
Seems like a common theme being over weight... Still going to get one if I can ever find the Camo 30-06 in stock anywhere
I’m in the middle of putting a bit of foam in the butt section and doing my own camo job, when I get done I’ll post a pic. Waiting on Talley rings and have a Nightforce to put on top .

I’m in the middle of putting a bit of foam in the butt section and doing my own camo job, when I get done I’ll post a pic. Waiting on Talley rings and have a Nightforce to put on top .
I thought really hard about going with the grey. Figured since it’s only February I’d hold out for the camo.
I’ll also be going the Talley route, but with a VX3HD

Spoonman

WKR
that stock looks great! How did you do it?
I disassembled the rifle and the butt pad off of the stock. Sanded down some of the rough spots on the stock then wiped it all down with acetone. After it was completely cleaned and free of any oils I taped off all the areas I didn’t want paint and then hung it off a screw from the butt section. I sprayed multiple coats of the base color(green ) and let each coat dry before applying the next. One last coat of green then before is dries I spray it with the black webbing paint, helps the webbing bond too the base color. After that has dried I then apply a few coats of flat clear. Let dry (cure ) for at least a week and it will hold up just fine. I’ve done multiple rifles this way and never get flaking or chipping.

Attachments

• 4E7A42E0-62FF-4C5D-BE7B-9B33038FAAFF.jpeg
    4E7A42E0-62FF-4C5D-BE7B-9B33038FAAFF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 122

Ucsdryder

WKR
Thanks! I have the 110 long range hunter. The ugly version of your gun. But the stock is the same. I was planning on going the sponge route but that looks great. I’m going to give it a go. Well done!

Spoonman

WKR
Thanks! I have the 110 long range hunter. The ugly version of your gun. But the stock is the same. I was planning on going the sponge route but that looks great. I’m going to give it a go. Well done!
Try it on a 2x4 first to get the hang of the way that webbing paint sprays. It can glob up if you don’t get the sweeping motion down when you spray it.