Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

jofes

WKR
Just ordered a 300 wsm, if I'm reading the diagram right I need a .963 tapered muzzle break?

There’s no way... my buddy just bought a 6.5 prc with the 24in barrel and his was right around that .750 mark where the brake would meet the barrel...

jofes

WKR
There’s no way... my buddy just bought a 6.5 prc with the 24in barrel and his was right around that .750 mark where the brake would meet the barrel...
The diagram and what I've read from forums are vastly different.... But I haven't read from any 30 cal people yet, not sure if there is a huge difference.

The diagram and what I've read from forums are vastly different.... But I haven't read from any 30 cal people yet, not sure if there is a huge difference.
Show a link or screenshot of the barrel diagram. I bet it’s way smaller but I could be wrong.

Spoonman

WKR
I’ve heard multiple times that these are not the prefit barrels. I have the 6.5prc and my barrel measures .747 at the muzzle and proof prefit measures .963. Why do you think they come in at the price point they do, less material and they can pump out literally thousands at a time that are for one customer (Savage)! They are a small shank barrel with less carbon wrap than the proof prefits.

Last edited:

jofes

WKR
Gotcha, will I need to wait until I receive mine and measure it or will all of them be in the .750 area?

Spoonman

WKR
Gotcha, will I need to wait until I receive mine and measure it or will all of them be in the .750 area?
I would personally wait. I’m not sure that the 300wsm is the same size. The tube could be bigger because of the larger caliber and more carbon on it making it a overall larger diameter? But that’s just a guess. Unless you are in some kind of time crunch? Always better to verify first and buy the parts once .

jofes

WKR
I would personally wait. I’m not sure that the 300wsm is the same size. The tube could be bigger because of the larger caliber and more carbon on it making it a overall larger diameter? But that’s just a guess. Unless you are in some kind of time crunch? Always better to verify first and buy the parts once .
No time crunch, new builds just get me excited. This is hopefully my do it all whitetail, elk, bear and sheep gun. Ordering a brake from Ross so no hurry.

Tjmcre

FNG
How is everyone's action? The one I played with at cabelas was sticky AF. Didn't like that at all. It was light weight but that bolt is a turn off.
Mine was the same way. Throw some jb bore compound on the bolt and cycle it a couple hundred times takes most of the slop out and is super smooth after

Ravenk

FNG
I've been hoping for one of these in 6.5prc for a while now.

Last edited:

541hunter

WKR
Here’s an ultralight in 6.5 creed i put together for my son. With scope, rings, rail and suppressor it comes in at 8.5 lbs.
c9d3ee9796160fdcb53ab25fc14e27d3.jpg