Savage 110 ultralight (proof barrel)

Fshnpole

FNG
Been seriously contemplating ordering one, would love to hear some more feedback as they come in.

Fshnpole

FNG
Anybody have any lightweight stock recommendations that would have an inlet for the 110 action and proof barrel? Not sure how the factory stock is going to be.
Thanks

Will86

FNG
Honestly for the people thinking about buying it and changing out the stock just go buy a proof elevation you’ll get a rifle with an excellent stock, trigger and action. I’ve handled the savages and have a proof rifle. If you just want the savage and are ok with it as is it makes sense but no reason to upgrade a savage when a proof research rifle is not that much more expensive than an upgraded savage.

jfs82

WKR
Honestly for the people thinking about buying it and changing out the stock just go buy a proof elevation you’ll get a rifle with an excellent stock, trigger and action. I’ve handled the savages and have a proof rifle. If you just want the savage and are ok with it as is it makes sense but no reason to upgrade a savage when a proof research rifle is not that much more expensive than an upgraded savage.

Arent we talking about a 1300 dollar diff on average? Even with an upper echelon stock replacement it's still 6-700 dollar difference. Im not saying it isnt worth that as I have no experience with either, but that definitely puts it out of some price ranges for people looking into this rifle.

Will86

FNG
Arent we talking about a 1300 dollar diff on average? Even with an upper echelon stock replacement it's still 6-700 dollar difference. Im not saying it isnt worth that as I have no experience with either, but that definitely puts it out of some price ranges for people looking into this rifle.
No by the time you replace the stock on a savage you’re around 2k and the proof elevation can be found for 2400 on gun broker.

has anyone got one in hand yet? I personally don't mind savage stocks... they are ugly but comfortable and functional. they are adjustable to get a good fit, and shoot well.... the rest is cosmetic, which I just don't personally care about.... the whole rifle is kinda ugly, but that's a lot of gun for the price.

the mag capacity isn't awesome, but I want a creed anyways, so not a big deal.... love the idea of the PRC, but I like the creed more for what I want the rifle for..... perfect blacktail cartridge imo.

brsnow

WKR
has anyone got one in hand yet? I personally don't mind savage stocks... they are ugly but comfortable and functional. they are adjustable to get a good fit, and shoot well.... the rest is cosmetic, which I just don't personally care about.... the whole rifle is kinda ugly, but that's a lot of gun for the price.

the mag capacity isn't awesome, but I want a creed anyways, so not a big deal.... love the idea of the PRC, but I like the creed more for what I want the rifle for..... perfect blacktail cartridge imo.

Got impatient and picked up a kimber .308 , figured I had a 6.5 cm 24” fieldcraft, so a prc might not offer more

Got impatient and picked up a kimber .308 , figured I had a 6.5 cm 24” fieldcraft, so a prc might not offer more
haha, don't blame you, i'm terrible in that regard.

when someone gets one and gets some trigger time, please post a review here. I can't imagine it not being a crazy accurate rifle, especially with my experience with newer savages, and the upgrades that are in this rifle.

regardless, it will surely be accurate enough for my needs (inside 500yds.... mostly inside 200yds) I think the weight or lack of will be the only determining factor of it's accuracy, but the lightweight storm I bought my wife shoots as well as all of the tikkas I have owned/shot.

I just want a light rifle for covering miles in Oct, and packing when i'm just scouting or shed hunting, but will set up and call if I cut a fresh lion track, and a little spring bear hunting when i'm mainly scouting habitat covering a bunch of ground.

was kind of set on a Kimber or a fieldcraft before this savage came to be, now i'm too curious about it, and that's the route i'm going.

brsnow

WKR
haha, don't blame you, i'm terrible in that regard.

when someone gets one and gets some trigger time, please post a review here. I can't imagine it not being a crazy accurate rifle, especially with my experience with newer savages, and the upgrades that are in this rifle.

regardless, it will surely be accurate enough for my needs (inside 500yds.... mostly inside 200yds) I think the weight or lack of will be the only determining factor of it's accuracy, but the lightweight storm I bought my wife shoots as well as all of the tikkas I have owned/shot.

I just want a light rifle for covering miles in Oct, and packing when i'm just scouting or shed hunting, but will set up and call if I cut a fresh lion track, and a little spring bear hunting when i'm mainly scouting habitat covering a bunch of ground.

was kind of set on a Kimber or a fieldcraft before this savage came to be, now i'm too curious about it, and that's the route i'm going.

No doubt, I may still end up with one:)

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like they are starting to be available through many of the online dealers. Hoping to receive mine this week!

Fshnpole

FNG
Got mine in a couple weeks ago. Had a heck of a time finding a base for it, finally have the right one coming in the mail. Still unsure how I feel about the rifle. Can’t wait to get the scope mounted and put some rounds through.

tdhanses

WKR
Got mine in a couple weeks ago. Had a heck of a time finding a base for it, finally have the right one coming in the mail. Still unsure how I feel about the rifle. Can’t wait to get the scope mounted and put some rounds through.
Post some pics.