Sawyer mini or squeeze

Nuke Man

WKR
Looking for an inexpensive filter for gravity filtering. Videos show you can filter a couple liters in 3 to 5 minutes. I use a steri pen but sometimes there's too many floaters for my liking. These 2 are what I'm looking at, hard to tell the pros and cons vs the 2.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the mini on my bladder and then can fill a 50 oz bottle in about 10 minutes using gravity

xcutter

WKR
I use the Sawyer mini. Works good and takes minimal area in my pack. I carry two 1L platypus collapsible bottles. One is for dirty water and the other for a fresh water backup or camp water. Only thing I don't like is how long it takes to fill my 3L bladder sometimes.

Beckjhong

WKR
I’ve had both. Squeeze has a much improved flow rate vs the mini. I like the bottle pull cap on the outlet side as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamagun

FNG
I use the squeeze with all the quick connects for my bladders. I may be picking up another and trying out the mini too because the squeeze I have right now will not accept platypus. the threads look similar, but Ive been forced to use those blue sawyer bags and Im not a huge fan of them. But, for the price of the sawyer products on expertvoice, you cant beat the dollar/performance with anything else Ive ever found..

The squeeze is much faster than the mini and doesn’t need to be back flushed as often. It’s not much bigger and only 1oz heavier. I don’t see any reason to choose the mini over the squeeze for a gravity set up. The ones I’ve used the threads are compatible with the platypus bags. I use a QD on the filter outlet and my drink tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napperm4

WKR
I’ve used a mini as a gravity feed for a couple years now. Works awesome and I’ve had no issues with flow. I hang the 2 or 4 litre dirty bag and do a couple chores at camp. Takes about 5 - 10 minutes to filter depending on how clean the water is to start.

During the day I use quick connects to filter right into my bladder during a glassing or snack break

Holocene

WKR
Squeeze for me.

I also use it as a standalone "straw" to suck water out of rivers or creeks.

A more sophisticated, less lazy approach is to screw the Squeeze on the end of a standard water/coke bottle thread and drink from your bottle. Dasani bottles work perfect. Super light weight, cheap, replaceable.

Running in-line is great too and I do that on a bladder when water is less available for regular fill ups.

Good ideas here for filtering larger quantities with gravity!

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my squeeze and have been getting more familiar with using it to fill my Source Tactical bladder with their universal tube adapter.

The pull cap on the squeeze fits perfectly inside the UTA so I dont need any of the quick connects added to the bladder tubes.

I grabbed some of the 1L Sawyer blue squeeze bags with caps too. They roll up really nice and tight.

Been pretty pleased so far with it, and the flow is great with well water. Get into some dirty water with some funk in it, I imagine it slows down a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I have been looking at the micro squeeze. Same output as the regular squeeze but weighs a bit less.