Scam?

wyosteve

WKR
Ditto on the above. A voice phone call can help, but best is a video call with the seller holding the item. Still no guarantee he will ship it, but if you do a screen shot during the video call you at least have his face!

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I was scammed by a very talented criminal who is a native English speaker that lives stateside and its tempting to send him one of Mark Rober's Oculus:

OP
Jake Larsen
The scammer refused any form of payment with buyer protection, so I offered to pay by check. I got the scammer to give me his name and address. Address is definitely real, name may or may not be. I reached out to Phoenix PD, they say there’s nothing they can do. @CorbLand did a little internet detective work, and found out this guy had been scamming on other forums also. I’ve decided the best I can do is post up his name/address in the hopes that when he tries again, somebody will recognize him as a scammer.
1f6a065e73a752a172d12175b9a5bb27.jpg

79875dd6f967470d26fcaafc5d5db494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same thing going on.

I know exactly where my guy lives, name, address, etc...

It's hard not to think about sending something.

Last edited:

rogerthat

FNG
I don’t understand why no one including local police don’t stuff and cuff these losers. Seems like an easy case to make for fraud. Mayb mail fraud. Instead we just let these guys do their thing with no repercussions.

OP
Jake Larsen
I don’t understand why no one including local police don’t stuff and cuff these losers. Seems like an easy case to make for fraud. Mayb mail fraud. Instead we just let these guys do their thing with no repercussions.

They told me it’s a warrant issue. They’d have to set up a sting that they were involved with in order to be able to take evidence to a judge and get a warrant. But chances are he’s doing other illegal stuff and will eventually get busted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
In todays world, he is a small fish in a big pond. Millions in drugs, illegals, human trafficking are being ran through Phoenix. They aren’t worried about some dude ripping people off for 1000 bucks. Right or wrong, that’s the way it is.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
When I was scammed, it was for $3900. I submitted all my evidence electronically, indicated that I would travel to testify and as seen above I had the guy's name and address and I filed with local and federal guys and didn't even get a call back.

505Wapiti

WKR
It would be tempting for someone local to do a deal with this guy, mail an empty payment envelope and send him tracking info as he requested, then wait at said address for him to pick up empty payment followed by a nice wall to wall counseling session free of charge.