Schnee’s Quality Control Issues?

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
Follow up, yes the Kestrels leaked , Bad. Schnees was beyond amazing, apologized, explained where they leak and why, and basically let me swap to whatever boot I wanted. On the recommendation of a few hunters in the store, all say the Timberline is the boot I want based on my described needs. So I have a new pair and hope they are trouble free and as comfortable as the Kestrels were. Schnees is a good, old fashioned business. They will get my money again.

Buzby

WKR
Follow up, yes the Kestrels leaked , Bad. Schnees was beyond amazing, apologized, explained where they leak and why, and basically let me swap to whatever boot I wanted. On the recommendation of a few hunters in the store, all say the Timberline is the boot I want based on my described needs. So I have a new pair and hope they are trouble free and as comfortable as the Kestrels were. Schnees is a good, old fashioned business. They will get my money again.
Why did they say they leaked

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
There is a lot of stitching on the tongue, which is fabric and leather. They had a run of boots in 2021 with this issue. If you look at the timberline vs kestrel, the tongue assembly is quite different. I hope they improve the design, as I really liked the boot..

For the guys that had issues with the creasing and pressure on top off lesion point of the toe, did this ever go away or improve?

I just got the timberlines and am shipping back for the toe box to be reshaped, wore them for a couple hours pheasant hunting, working them in the house flexing my feet and my delicate feet are hurting.

Split toe

WKR
For the guys that had issues with the creasing and pressure on top off lesion point of the toe, did this ever go away or improve?

I just got the timberlines and am shipping back for the toe box to be reshaped, wore them for a couple hours pheasant hunting, working them in the house flexing my feet and my delicate feet are hurting.
I initially had some top pressure on the midfoot and they broke in and feel great now.

Mine did not. I was only able to put another 10 miles or so on mine once the crease started. It was honestly way too painful for me to endure it. Bought some Crispi Nevadas and they’ve been perfect.

Mine did not. I was only able to put another 10 miles or so on mine once the crease started. It was honestly way too painful for me to endure it. Bought some Crispi Nevadas and they’ve been perfect.
Thanks for the feedback, also from the previous replier.

Hopefully, it works out but if it continues to dig in every time my foot flexes, these boots won’t work for chukar hunting. Which is a shame because they felt good in the house.

Thanks for the feedback, also from the previous replier.

Hopefully, it works out but if it continues to dig in every time my foot flexes, these boots won’t work for chukar hunting. Which is a shame because they felt good in the house.
Schnees reshaped the toe box and there is significantly less pressure from the eyelets when flexing my toes. It however is still there, customer service is great and exploring other avenues but it seems likely that I will be dealing with boots that don’t fit great. There’s a chance if I tough it out it’ll be fine, Great company just not the right product out of the box for me.