school...this fall

sndmn11

WKR
Our daycare never closed and kids up to 10 year's old attended full time. Zero instances of kids or adults transmitting Covid in the school. When our boy was sick with it, from my wife, he stayed home for two days and then was allowed back. No transmissions from that as he is the only child or adult there who has had it.

That jives with what I have given a cursory read to regarding children and Covid infections and transmissions. It seems really silly to me that kids can play sports now, rioters can have nightly non-distanced events, but there is pause about sending the least susceptible population back to school. Herd immunity is still the goal.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
We, teachers and staff, started yesterday. Kids come back next week on Thursday. They have two choices. Attend regular class at school or attend remotely, but it is synchronous instruction so they have to zoom in during each of their classperiods during the day. Same workload either way. None of the reduced stuff most schools, 8ncluding us, had to do in the spring. They have to commit to one version or the other for 6 weeks at a time. Of course, any and all of that could change without notice. The teachers I've talked to are all excited to be back, as many of these kids are not going to learn outside of the classroom environment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
It’s a ridiculous sentiment to not open schools, they should be going back and at worst making masks optional. It’s already been proven that kids and young people are the lowest risk group. We need society to get back to normal as soon as possible and quit fear mongering. All the years of the flu and I’ve never seen a school close for that. It’s nuts
Just my opinion