Scope Evaluation passed models?

I’ve dropped this here as I’m just looking for solid hunting optics for my 7 prc on the way.I might want to ring 1000 yard steel someday but I’m not truly a long range guy (400 ish max?) - Forms testing is on that forum. He’s done incredible work. I’m trying to figure out which models have done well or “passed” I’ve been through a bunch and it looks like NF, SWFA, and Trijicon are pretty much it. Have I missed any? I’ve tried the SWFA SS (didn’t get along w the glass) . I think the Trij reticle are kinda busy for hunting except the good old Accupoint.
So I’m stuck with the $1000 NF SHV . Might appreciate dialing for elevation but that’s about my tech level.

What else is there?

atmat

WKR
Trijicon, Nightforce, SWFA, Schmidt&Bender, and an old fixed Leupold are all that have passed I believe.

The SWFA is the easy answer for hunting with cost, reliability, and good reticle.

I’ve owned NXSs and NX8s and didn't love either.

I’ve never owned a Trij because the reticles turn me away.

I just bought an SB Klassic. It’s a great reticle, capped windage, delightful glass — but they have limited elevation at 4.8mil. Great for hunting 600 yards, but it won’t have you banging steel to 1000.

OP
S
Thanks for the replies, I missed the S&B - I should have mentioned I’m really trying to stay in the SFP area since it’s mainly a hunting rig. FFP probably would be great long range out west but this will be doing both Upper peninsula timber work and open country Mule deer/ elk.
I know SWFA is the favorite here but I can’t watch the classified section close enough, I want it for this season yet, and my perceived need for staying in second focal plane scopes. For the price they seem excellent. Guess I need to go Credo or SHV, I was just making sure I hadn’t missed one.

atmat

WKR
I should have mentioned I’m really trying to stay in the SFP area since it’s mainly a hunting rig.
I came from exclusively SFP scopes and didn’t think I’d enjoy FFP for hunting. But with a good reticle, I now prefer FFP. The SWFA and Klassic are both great reticles and easily viewable on low zoom.

cjdewese

WKR
Do the SWFA ultralight series have the same durability as their non ultralight models?

cjdewese

WKR
Form tested it, you can read the full eval. If I recall, they’re not quite as robust.
Cool, do you perhaps have the link? I couldn't find anything searching google using rokslide or the search function on this page either. Maybe I am just not using the right terms.

OP
S
I ended up getting a couple Credo's to try- the 3-9x40 has been money- really liking the Mil square reticle now. Great set and forget scope for the $$. Ive done a ton of shooting on both my 300win mag and 30-06 and atv travel in soft cases without issue this summer.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Making the transition from loopys and vortexers to exclusively trijicon, Swfa, and in the future maybe NF. So far super happy with the trijicons I have, on fixed 6x is backordered. My 3-9 credos are simple, straight forward, and I like the moa holdover reticles. Have the 2.5-15 which also so far has been great, a 4-16x50 I picked up for a song that I need to mount still. Had “floating” zeros in a loopy or two, not on any 3-15x44, which I still have one, but that plus mounting evidence was enough for me to be out. So far very pleased with trijicons products

atmat

WKR
Making the transition from loopys and vortexers to exclusively trijicon, Swfa, and in the future maybe NF. So far super happy with the trijicons I have, on fixed 6x is backordered. My 3-9 credos are simple, straight forward, and I like the moa holdover reticles. Have the 2.5-15 which also so far has been great, a 4-16x50 I picked up for a song that I need to mount still. Had “floating” zeros in a loopy or two, not on any 3-15x44, which I still have one, but that plus mounting evidence was enough for me to be out. So far very pleased with trijicons products
You’ll be way less stressed with your new optics!

Hnthrdr

WKR
You’ll be way less stressed with your new optics!
Exactly! Trust is built with real world use for sure but already knowing that there is a 90% probability that the product I now I have mounted works as expected is great.