Scope for 7prc tikka

Looking for options for a 7mm prc with a budget of <$1300 any more then that I'll wait for a markv 5-25 to pop up used. Was looking Athlon etr 4-30x but don't want to miss out on somthing or make the wrong choice

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a new unused Trijicon Ten Mile HX 3-18x44 on the optics classifieds here for my 7prc, but this is also a great price if you are ok with mils and capped turrets

59E2F1BB-1F04-451E-B940-5572EE0FA3E6.jpeg

I would go Trijicon in that price range but don't overlook SWFA if one of theirs fits your preferences. BTW, your preferred focal plane, max and typical shooting range, size of targets, and how much weight are you willing put on should matter more in scope choice than what cartridge you're shooting.

madgrad02

WKR
I know they don't get tons of love, but I've got 2 Athlon Ares ETR 3-18s that I'm a big fan of, especially for what I got them for (less than $700 each). Other than weight, seem to track nice, FFP, good glass, illuminated reticle, and no issues to date (knocking on wood)... granted, I'm not a high volume shooter, but like them thusfar.

OP
T
I would go Trijicon in that price range but don't overlook SWFA if one of theirs fits your preferences. BTW, your preferred focal plane, max and typical shooting range, size of targets, and how much weight are you willing put on should matter more in scope choice than what cartridge you're shooting.
Prefer ffp max range on game will be 4-500 but want to learn and get proficient shooting out to 8-900 hopefully.

Weight not really a concern as I understand if I want lightweight it's a lht or markv. I would rather get some features and save money then lightweight.

I was looking at the sfwa 5-20 that apprear to be on sale right now

OP
T
I know they don't get tons of love, but I've got 2 Athlon Ares ETR 3-18s that I'm a big fan of, especially for what I got them for (less than $700 each). Other than weight, seem to track nice, FFP, good glass, illuminated reticle, and no issues to date (knocking on wood)... granted, I'm not a high volume shooter, but like them thusfar.
I like to hear that I was looking at a the next higher magnification etr. Was worried about it getting bumped around in the woods holding zero and tracking.

Have zero experience with nicer scopes currently my nicest scope is a 3-400$ vortex so I'm sure I would be blown away with anything

OP
T
Haven't bought anything yet seeing what deals black Friday has. Still have to order the barrel so I have time

Yea I will do the same, and/or hope someone else upgrades at Black Friday and then offloads one of those EuroOptic Credo HX or Tenmiles.

I sold a SWFA 3-15 that I didn’t particularly like, but would probably jump on a 5-20 HD if they are 30% off again.

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
I've got quite a few 3-15's and 5-20's.

i MUCH prefer the '20's 10 Mil per revolution turret and the way in which they are retained. Illumination never hurts an equationand all adjustments are FAR more positive and tactile.

The last (4) 5-20x HD MQ Illuminated I purchased,were June of this year for $699.95 each and free shipping. Obviously SWFA direct..............

It just felt kind of cheap to me, which at $700 vs $1200 it kind of is

Also at that time I valued glass quality and lightweight/low profile scopes a lot more than durable/practical scopes. I do love the SWFA UL - I wish they could make an FFP 3-15 version of that that is more robust than other options on the market.

Last edited:

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
Another option you may consider is a Bushnell lrhs2. Lighter than the swfa 5-20. A lot of people don't like the donut reticle but at 2 mil I don't find it bad and it does draw your eye to the aim point at close range.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
I've puked (2) LRHS G2's in 4.5-18x. All of my LRTS/LRTSI G3's have been simply sensational.

As reticle preferences go,G3 all the way for me,whether lit or not(I've multiples of all).

The LRTSI 3-12x G3 is an easy preference(in the Bushie line up),but tough to score. SWFA had the HD 20's on the shelf.

I find Bushie illumination,superior to SWFA.............