Scope Recommendation for my son's Tikka that's not an SWFA

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
On your tikka, if you use the integral rail (t084 or UM rings), you get the best of both worlds. Easy swapping between rifles without the pic rail.
I have UM rings on hand. They are way beefier than I expected.

On another note got the rifle back from the smith today. Custom cap he did for the threading is choice.
IMG_4598.jpeg

Need to drill the second hole for the SRS Mini rail but this is going to be a fun little build.
71581215816__3E1C79DB-1350-404A-BFE2-0CBA5B060EC8.jpeg

atmat

WKR
I have UM rings on hand. They are way beefier than I expected.

On another note got the rifle back from the smith today. Custom cap he did for the threading is choice.
View attachment 599021

Need to drill the second hole for the SRS Mini rail but this is going to be a fun little build.
View attachment 599022
Looks great! Will the rifle be hand carried much? They’re not fun to hand carry with an arca on it by the mag.

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
Looks great! Will the rifle be hand carried much? They’re not fun to hand carry with an arca on it by the mag.
I honestly have no idea. I'll let my kid make that determination. Worst case I rip it off after antelope tags are filled.
It is pretty secure with just that factory Tikka third bolt. I'm tempted to just use that one and roll with it that way.

Macintosh

WKR
I have an srs mini arca on my tikka exact same location. It’s silly easy to drill a second hole and back it with a nut and washer or t-nut. That way it wont bend or over-stress the one hole under recoil or in the heat of the moment. If you decide you like it just coat the screw with release (paste wax, hornady one-shot or an aerosol release agent), reinstall and cover the inside with epoxy to hold it in place. That’ll let you remove and reinstall it at will, and you can just leave the screw in the hole if you take the arca off and it’ll be +\- invisible.
I take my srs rail off, its nice and light and works well but its one of the highest-profile arca rails Ive ever used and it does bug me there.

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
Going to just do this install. Love when someone is this detailed and I know exactly what to buy.

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
ec51b6633a2237daca4d819e06a5bc54.jpg

Scope mount then range day today.

140 ELD-M got us 1.5” group.
143 ELD-X got us well under 1”.

Didn’t measure. Didn’t even go back down range after stapling the targets.

Forgot to take pics.
I really like this rifle. I think I’m going to duplicate it exactly for my wife.

I also like the simple retical on the Credo much better than the tree on my Tenmile. I like the FFP on the Tenmile much better though. Just a little aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
ec51b6633a2237daca4d819e06a5bc54.jpg

Scope mount then range day today.

140 ELD-M got us 1.5” group.
143 ELD-X got us well under 1”.

Didn’t measure. Didn’t even go back down range after stapling the targets.

Forgot to take pics.
I really like this rifle. I think I’m going to duplicate it exactly for my wife.

I also like the simple retical on the Credo much better than the tree on my Tenmile. I like the FFP on the Tenmile much better though. Just a little aside.

Another issues besides ffp Sfp
That reticle has nothing bold about it so there’s too many situations where you’ll need illumination.

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
Another issues besides ffp Sfp
That reticle has nothing bold about it so there’s too many situations where you’ll need illumination.

Yeah. You’re right.

Good thing it will last almost a week on a battery at half power.