Seek Outside Fortress 6300 Videos

Ranger185

FNG
Hey Rokslide,

I've looked and looked for any video content across the web, but have yet to find any with someone actually wearing the pack fully loaded or in day pack mode or even in use in a field environment. I've watched all of SO's videos, and they are great content, but I don't get a good view of the pack as worn or used.

I've read all I can read on the pack. Maybe I'm alone in this request, but I've read about as much as I can about these packs. I'd really like to have some video showing me this thing in action.

I know there are a lot of folks who own this pack. Maybe someone is willing to do a video review and run through the details of the pack showing all the great details of it.

Thanks all,
Ranger185

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's a 6300 base bag. When used with a talon it will compress flat
6300 compressed

It is the same height as Brooks / Saker without side pockets.

Here is a photo from our user submitted rivet content (at bottom of product page)
Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.51.29 AM.png

sndmn11

WKR
Hey Rokslide,

I've looked and looked for any video content across the web, but have yet to find any with someone actually wearing the pack fully loaded or in day pack mode or even in use in a field environment. I've watched all of SO's videos, and they are great content, but I don't get a good view of the pack as worn or used.

I've read all I can read on the pack. Maybe I'm alone in this request, but I've read about as much as I can about these packs. I'd really like to have some video showing me this thing in action.

I know there are a lot of folks who own this pack. Maybe someone is willing to do a video review and run through the details of the pack showing all the great details of it.

Thanks all,
Ranger185

I have a Saker, same main bag, and would be happy to meet up with you or you can swing by my office and you can do whatever you want with it. I have medium and large belts.

OP
Ranger185

Ranger185

FNG
I’ll still take any other photos or videos of folks with the 6300 in action

Nate85

FNG
What kind of action shots are you looking for, and what questions are you hoping a video will answer?

Cheers

OP
Ranger185

Ranger185

FNG
Nate85, just seeing it in action. Argali didn’t a pretty long review of the Brooks which I thought was great. Just wondering if there were plans for a fortress video. Not a big deal either way. I’ll find my way to the pack that fits me best. There’s a lot of content out there for a bunch of pack companies, just looking for comparables for SO.

OP
Ranger185

Ranger185

FNG
Thanks for that! That was exactly what I was looking for. Have a good shot of how it sits on the back and the profile of it compresses on the body.

Rokwiia

WKR
I have the Fortress 6,300 and it is the best backpack I've ever owned and I've had many over the years. Here are two videos that might help provide a sense of the pack. The Unaweep 4800 review is excellent as it provides an in depth review of the features of the pack and bag. The Fortress 6.300 has a larger diameter bag and it is taller as well. It is obviously also on the Revolution platform.

Wapiti1

WKR
1600092594250.png

Old thread, but what the hell. I'm in the photo above posted by Kevin.

Different view of the post above on the packout of my 2017 sheep hunt. Pack weighed about 70lbs in this photo.

KUIU gun bearer is hanging down, and I modified an MR top lid to work on this pack. SO didn't have a top lid available at the time.

After we packed up camp, my pack weighed 132 lbs for the trek out. Carried it well. Well enough that it's going back to AK tomorrow to hopefully pack out moose and brown bear.

Jeremy

Voyageur

WKR
Old thread, but what the hell. I'm in the photo above posted by Kevin.

Different view of the post above on the packout of my 2017 sheep hunt. Pack weighed about 70lbs in this photo.

KUIU gun bearer is hanging down, and I modified an MR top lid to work on this pack. SO didn't have a top lid available at the time.

After we packed up camp, my pack weighed 132 lbs for the trek out. Carried it well. Well enough that it's going back to AK tomorrow to hopefully pack out moose and brown bear.

Jeremy
I'm curious, Jeremy, if you seam sealed your Fortress? Either way, did it keep your gear dry?
Thanks.

Wapiti1

WKR
I'm curious, Jeremy, if you seam sealed your Fortress? Either way, did it keep your gear dry?
Thanks.
I didn't seal the seams on that bag. No issues with water getting in. I'm pretty sure you would have to submerge it to get much in. The Xpac fabric doesn't wet out easily and sheds rain well.

Since that hunt, I've used a 4800 Fortress bag in some really wet weather and don't even think about it anymore. At first, I was concerned, and after a few downpours, it was apparent that rain and snow weren't an issue.

Now, you do have to be careful about what you put into the pack. Water doesn't get in or out.

Jeremy