Seek Outside Guardian Sneak Peek

My guess is that they need to be that low to effectively stake them to the ground. Once they get higher up the only way to pull them "out" would be to use a stick.

If you look at the tipis and mod tipis, they look to be 18" or so up. Even without properly bracing with a stick or pole, they are effective at creating space.

I don't really see what use a guyout at 6" up does. Slightly improved foot / head room? Doesn't seem like it would be particularly effective at providing additional bracing for wind.

Just a question I was hoping Kevin or Rockchucker would weigh in on. There's probably a perfectly good reason for it. Maybe it doesn't work higher up because of the way the seams taper. Depending on the reason, I may or may not order with a custom guyout higher up.

Superdoo

WKR

Jimbob

WKR
Good improvements

1. I like the shorter vestibules, easier to reach out to the door
2. Taking space from the vestibule and putting it in the sleeping area, smart
3. Since the ridgeline between the poles is longer they made that v design to keep tension, excellent
4. Doors open higher - awesome
5. roof vent - thank you
6. Designed to be pitched tight to the ground- awesome
7. More guy outs - perfect

I don't use a hot tent so the stove jack doesn't concern me much but for some, I bet that is the ticket.

I have an Eolus and I am not sold on the sliding doors. With the shorter vestibule (easy to reach the door) and opening to the top of the Guardian, the sliding door might work for me.

I am intrigued for sure.

cgasner1

WKR
Not really guardian related but I’ve been trying to order a tent off the website and it keeps saying it’s having a error anyone else have that happen hopefully it isn’t sold out the website says it’s in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not really guardian related but I’ve been trying to order a tent off the website and it keeps saying it’s having a error anyone else have that happen hopefully it isn’t sold out the website says it’s in stock

Send a screenshot to our info at address and what browser you are using so we can troubleshoot

sndmn11

WKR

I don't have any problems with chrome or edge.

cgasner1

WKR
Was using my iPhone. Swung by work on my way to the gym this morning and got it ordered on the computer

Last edited: