Seekins PH2

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
How is the Seekins PH2 as a general purpose hunting rifle the stock looks like it's setup for long range just curious how it does as an all purpose setup.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
I have one in 6.5 prc and love it. used it around home on whitetails from 60 to 500 yards and in Wyoming on mule deer. No complaints

I’m really looking to get set up in one of these myself in 6.5 prc. Anyone have any negatives?

grfox92

WKR
How is the Seekins PH2 as a general purpose hunting rifle the stock looks like it's setup for long range just curious how it does as an all purpose setup.
The stock simply has a vertical grip. That doesn't mean it's set up for long range shooting. Some people prefer a vertical grip, some dont.

I personally will only buy a vertical grip going forward. I have handled PH2s a few times in stores, they are all around 7lbs with no optic which is great for an all purpose hunting rifle.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
love mine in 6.5 prc. so far whitetail from 50-564 yards and a mule deer around 170. no complaints sweet rifle

Just bought one in 6.5 prc as a backup rifle. Threw on a scope and factory ammo is shooting under 1/2 moa with no brake.
Put a self timing brake on it and grouping is the same.
Definitely by far my favorite factory rifle I've shot but I prefer a vertical grip.
I'd recommend one to anyone

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

idahodave

WKR
Fantastic rifle in every way. I had one in 7 Rem Mag that my son swiped from me. I believe it’s the best “mass produced” rifle ever built. Mine is/was an absolute hammer With anything I put in it.

dave

Ralphie

WKR
I own a 6.5 prc and brother has a 300 win. Both shoot very very well. The people at seekins are also pretty responsive and helpful. We havent had any issues with ours I was mostly just contacting them for help finding a rifle. We all have different tastes and budgets but the ph2 is an extremely good package for the cost.

I own the 6.5 PRC and it's a great all arouns rifle.

Attachments

• 20221216_172727.jpg
    20221216_172727.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 120

doepatrol

FNG
I have a 7rm and it hammers with 168vld and 180eldm. I would like to have a slightly shorter barrel the 26in with a brake or can is pretty broomstick like if you are in the timber or thick stuff. The shorter LOP is a bit noticeable if you aren't used to that or shooting offhand a lot. But for an off the shelve rifle it's hard to beat, and the customer service is the best I have ever had.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The only thing I don’t like about these is that the barrels are very long. I want to mount my silencers and still have a relatively compact setup. That isn’t happening with 24 and 26” barrels.

I realize you can have a barrel worked on but I don’t know how it all works with a fluted barrel like the Seekins have and I also don’t know if there would be an issue with removing the barrel from the action on these (probably not but they are an aluminum action with a steel sleeve).

For those reasons, I’m looking hard at the have element rifles. You get a barrel that’s a few inches shorter (still a bit longer than I want but manageable).

I already have a 300wm rifle with a 26” barrel and it’s just a no go for a silencer.

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
I had one in 6.5 PRC that was a hammer. I could have easily used it for anything I’ll ever do. Stock would have worked for me as gen purpose, but that’s subjective.

Guy at the range wanted it more than I did though, so it went down the road.

Very nice rifles and if I was in need of something and didn’t want to change anything, would probably be one of my first looks.

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of the first generation Havak's chambered in 6.5 Creed with the McMillan Game Warden stock. It's easily one of the most automatic rifles I own. Great all around carry rifle.

I have an element in 6.5PRC in I think 21" barrel. - great rifle! The aluminum feels a hair more fragile then steel - if you are not super careful with the bolt, you can mar the finish. Not a big deal, but something I noticed on the element.

I sorta feel the ideal would be a PH2 with an element re-barrel. Few oz heavier, but a little more durable feeling.

All that said, the element/PH2 are awesome guns from a great company. Was shooting at 1k with consistent impacts out of my element last week.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had two PH2’s and now an Element. All in 6.5 PRC. Everyone has been a hammer. The only reason I have an Element now is for the shorter barrel for a suppressor.

I agree that the Havak PH2, for the money, is one of the best factory mass produced rifles I've ever owned. My 7 PRC easily shoots .5 moa or better, has a good trigger and a decent stock. I spoke with Seekins and If barrel length is a concern you can send it in and for a fair price they will rebarrel it with whatever length you want. Then you could either keep it, or sell the 26" barrel. I'm sure someone would take it off your hands lol.

I like the stock a lot. It's set up to accommodate accurate shooting which should be desired at any range. If I wanted a 700 pattern action factory rifle, seekins would probably be my first stop. The recent generation bolt upgrade made them run a lot smoother. The original actions were a bit rough and took a lot of effort to cock.

I have a 300 wm PH2 that got rebarreled with a 9 twist bartlein carbon. It shoots great i just dont use it much. Been thinking of sending it down the road. I still have the factory barrel and would let it go for next to nothing too. They put some nice groups together with 190 FGMM to proof it but it never lived up to my expectations with bergers or ELDs.

I like the stock a lot. It's set up to accommodate accurate shooting which should be desired at any range. If I wanted a 700 pattern action factory rifle, seekins would probably be my first stop. The recent generation bolt upgrade made them run a lot smoother. The original actions were a bit rough and took a lot of effort to cock.

I have a 300 wm PH2 that got rebarreled with a 9 twist bartlein carbon. It shoots great i just dont use it much. Been thinking of sending it down the road. I still have the factory barrel and would let it go for next to nothing too. They put some nice groups together with 190 FGMM to proof it but it never lived up to my expectations with bergers or ELDs.
What would you be looking to get for it? I love my 7 PRC and trust it could take pretty much anything in North America with proper bullet selection, but I don't think it's a bad idea to have an option with a little heavier pill and some extra "umph" as an insurance policy for the biggest/most dangerous game. Things like moose, brown bears, or non native game like nilgai and bigger African plains game.

What would you be looking to get for it? I love my 7 PRC and trust it could take pretty much anything in North America with proper bullet selection, but I don't think it's a bad idea to have an option with a little heavier pill and some extra "umph" as an insurance policy for the biggest/most dangerous game. Things like moose, brown bears, or non native game like nilgai and bigger African plains game.
The factory barrel or the whole rifle?