Seekins PH2

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
For a rebarrel on seekins is it back to the original chambering or say i get bored with a 6.5 prc will they chamber to a 7saum?

The only thing I don’t like about these is that the barrels are very long. I want to mount my silencers and still have a relatively compact setup. That isn’t happening with 24 and 26” barrels.

I realize you can have a barrel worked on but I don’t know how it all works with a fluted barrel like the Seekins have and I also don’t know if there would be an issue with removing the barrel from the action on these (probably not but they are an aluminum action with a steel sleeve).

For those reasons, I’m looking hard at the have element rifles. You get a barrel that’s a few inches shorter (still a bit longer than I want but manageable).

I already have a 300wm rifle with a 26” barrel and it’s just a no go for a silencer.
Seekins will swap the barrel for any length you want for $500. Still brings you in under the cost of the element.

For a rebarrel on seekins is it back to the original chambering or say i get bored with a 6.5 prc will they chamber to a 7saum?

Good question. Never seen them sell a 7 SAUM rifle so I wouldn't bet on it but would be cool if they do.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think they’d do the 7 SAUM. I asked if they’d do a 300WSM for me on Facebook. Glenn said there are too many variations in that caliber and I’d say the same thing about 7SAUM. Pretty cool if they did.

WyoKimber

FNG
I have a ph2 in 7RM and it shoots .3 moa with Hornady precision hunter. It’s heavy enough to soak up recoil but not so heavy that I minded carrying it for elk season without a sling. The barrel is a little longer than I’d like if I want to add a can, but I’d still buy it again if I was starting over.

I have a ph2 in 7RM and it shoots .3 moa with Hornady precision hunter. It’s heavy enough to soak up recoil but not so heavy that I minded carrying it for elk season without a sling. The barrel is a little longer than I’d like if I want to add a can, but I’d still buy it again if I was starting over.
Agreed. I have a PH2 in 7 PRC and it shoots about the same with Precision Hunter, Terminal Ascent, and a 169gr Hammer Hunter load from Hendershots. In my opinion it is hands-down the best and most accurate mass produced rifle. And if you want a shorter barrel, you could always chop a couple inches off.

Mtank79

FNG
I’ve been eyeballing the PH2’s for awhile now. I bought a 6.5 prc ridgeline & it shot great. I sold the ridgeline yesterday so I’m giving the ph2 a hard look as its replacement. My ridgeline shot great but with all the bad reviews I’m scared to try my luck. Those of you with the 6.5prc’s what is it like weight wise?

sveltri

WKR
I’ve been eyeballing the PH2’s for awhile now. I bought a 6.5 prc ridgeline & it shot great. I sold the ridgeline yesterday so I’m giving the ph2 a hard look as its replacement. My ridgeline shot great but with all the bad reviews I’m scared to try my luck. Those of you with the 6.5prc’s what is it like weight wise?
I think mine was right at 10 lbs with scope, going off memory though so I could be wrong.

I don't know what mine weighs but it's the lightest rifle I own. I think bare its just over 6 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

A PH2 in 6.5 PRC weighs 6.9 pounds. Not the lightest gun ever, but not really a heavy gun either. I personally think it's right in the sweet spot where it's light enough to carry but not so much that the recoil is unpleasant. My 7 PRC is 7.2 pounds without rings and scope, don't know what it is with them, maybe 10ish pounds, but it's not bad in my opinion.

Mtank79

FNG
A PH2 in 6.5 PRC weighs 6.9 pounds. Not the lightest gun ever, but not really a heavy gun either. I personally think it's right in the sweet spot where it's light enough to carry but not so much that the recoil is unpleasant. My 7 PRC is 7.2 pounds without rings and scope, don't know what it is with them, maybe 10ish pounds, but it's not bad in my opinion.
My ridgeline weighed 8.4 ready to hunt. I just wish there was a seekins dealer close to me.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully I’ll be able to find one in stock when the funds clear from the ridgeline.
I would keep an eye on Eurooptic. They had them for a good while, out right now.

I have a PH2 in 300WM, outstanding rifle.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I would keep an eye on Eurooptic. They had them for a good while, out right now.

I have a PH2 in 300WM, outstanding rifle.
I just ordered my havak element 6.5 from euro optic, they were easy to deal with and I had shipping info within an hour of my dfl submitting their info to them. They also covered the sales tax saving me ~ 175.00

Mtank79

FNG
I just ordered my havak element 6.5 from euro optic, they were easy to deal with and I had shipping info within an hour of my dfl submitting their info to them. They also covered the sales tax saving me ~ 175.00
I talked to them on Thursday but they’re out of them now. I bought my ridgeline from them always super easy to deal with.