Seekins PH2

If a x bolt mountain pro & ph2 both in 7 prc were in the same store @ the same price which one you leaving with?

Honestly, probably the PH2. I didn't have the mountain pro, just the regular xbolt and I loved it so I'm sure the mountain pro is great, but I'd still go with the PH2. It's my new favorite, my "go to". It shoots phenomenal, damn near half moa with anything I feed it (could probably do better with a better marksman behind it). It also has a great, light trigger with a clean break. The only downside for the ph2 is that it doesn't come with a muzzle brake, and if weight is a concern I think it might be a little heavier.

Mtank79

FNG
Honestly, probably the PH2. I didn't have the mountain pro, just the regular xbolt and I loved it so I'm sure the mountain pro is great, but I'd still go with the PH2. It's my new favorite, my "go to". It shoots phenomenal, damn near half moa with anything I feed it (could probably do better with a better marksman behind it). It also has a great, light trigger with a clean break. The only downside for the ph2 is that it doesn't come with a muzzle brake, and if weight is a concern I think it might be a little heavier.
I ended up getting a shot show edition Ridgeline in 7 prc with a 24” barrel @ my lgs today. So the ph2 is on hold until the spring.

@Mtank79 not to rain on your parade, but if it doesn't group well it's probably not you. I've heard of a lot of people that have had quality/accuracy/high pressure issues with their Christiansen Arms 7 prc rifles for some reason. Some people think it's because of the tight chamber specs or something like that.

Mtank79

FNG
@Mtank79 not to rain on your parade, but if it doesn't group well it's probably not you. I've heard of a lot of people that have had quality/accuracy/high pressure issues with their Christiansen Arms 7 prc rifles for some reason. Some people think it's because of the tight chamber specs or something like that.
I’ve noticed most of the bad reviews for CA ridgelines are PRC related.

FWIW my rideline in 7 PRC has been a solid and reliable shooter. I think COVID QC and over pressure early Hornady ammo really gAve CA a bad rap.

Not saying they don't have issues, but lots of good shooters out there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mtank79

FNG
FWIW my rideline in 7 PRC has been a solid and reliable shooter. I think COVID QC and over pressure early Hornady ammo really gAve CA a bad rap.

the 6.5 prc I had was a shooter hoping for the same with this one .

Oh no doubt that Hornady rushed ammo production initially and definitely had over pressure issues, which I'm sure fed into the bad rap CA was getting, on top of some of their guns having QC issues. And they're definitely are CA rifles that are lights out shooters, a couple buddies of mine shoot them and love them. But, they definitely had some QC issues for a while. Personally though, I love my Seekins Precision. The only thing I'm going to change is the stock, which is by no means bad, I'm just not the biggest fan. I'm going with the Grayboe Phoenix 2.

Oh no doubt that Hornady rushed ammo production initially and definitely had over pressure issues, which I'm sure fed into the bad rap CA was getting, on top of some of their guns having QC issues. And they're definitely are CA rifles that are lights out shooters, a couple buddies of mine shoot them and love them. But, they definitely had some QC issues for a while. Personally though, I love my Seekins Precision. The only thing I'm going to change is the stock, which is by no means bad, I'm just not the biggest fan. I'm going with the Grayboe Phoenix 2.
Nice! Yea I love both .. I have a seekins element and a CA Ridgeline. Both are great guns!

I dig the seekins stock - post back on your journey!

Mtank79

FNG
I liked my AG stock & contacted them on the seekins but they don’t offer for seekins. I was hoping to shoot my 7 prc today but as usual since I’ve bought it if im home it’s either raining or windy as crap.

Mtank79

FNG
Nice! Yea I love both .. I have a seekins element and a CA Ridgeline. Both are great guns!

I dig the seekins stock - post back on your journey!

Since I still have 6.5 prc ammo I may go with the seekins ph2 if I find one I like @ a good price.

I liked my AG stock & contacted them on the seekins but they don’t offer for seekins. I was hoping to shoot my 7 prc today but as usual since I’ve bought it if im home it’s either raining or windy as crap.
That's really the only downside of the PH2, I had a hell of a time finding a company that had inlay options for them. Manners doesn't either (my first choice). Some people will try to tell you it's a Rem 700 footprint, but after talking to a Seekins rep that's only partially true. It is essentially a Rem 700 clone, only skinnier. Therefore, unless it is properly bedded there will be wiggle which could cause accuracy issues. Also, you wouldn't be able to use the proprietary Seekins bottom metal with a regular 700 stock. Since I'm going with a Grayboe stock I'm going to use their bottom metal so I can use AICS 5 round mags instead of their carbon fiber 3.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That's really the only downside of the PH2, I had a hell of a time finding a company that had inlay options for them. Manners doesn't either (my first choice). Some people will try to tell you it's a Rem 700 footprint, but after talking to a Seekins rep that's only partially true. It is essentially a Rem 700 clone, only skinnier. Therefore, unless it is properly bedded there will be wiggle which could cause accuracy issues. Also, you wouldn't be able to use the proprietary Seekins bottom metal with a regular 700 stock. Since I'm going with a Grayboe stock I'm going to use their bottom metal so I can use AICS 5 round mags instead of their carbon fiber 3.
Seekins is coming out with a chassis so you might keep your eyes peeled for that.