SG bought by Vista Group

tdhanses

WKR
Why? It might get SG more business if people knew they made a decision based off values and principles and not 100% based off money.
And he already stated the values of the deal with Vista, in their view it was the best option for all including employees and customers.

92xj

WKR
Honestly I’m not trying to get him to bad mouth meateater, my question was posted as statements elsewhere on the web and was just curious from the horses mouth. He can choose to answer if he likes. If not, no skin off my back.

JonnyB

WKR
And potentially turn away a lot of people out there who wants to buy an SG pack because they saw Steve Rinella wearing one? You know Kurt was on the most recent season of MeatEater right? Politicizing business decisions to make one side feel warm and fuzzy is a fool's game. I don't see any reason at all for Kurt to answer that question.

Exactly. “Republicans buy sneakers, too”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonnyB

WKR
Makes me want to create some redundancies in my gear now, for fear things may change. Doesn't hurt to have an extra frame and pack around.

Two is one and one is none as they say.

I echo that sentiment. I have three pack setups from them and this has me rethinking selling my SA 6200. Not doubting Kurt and the SG team, just waiting to see what the result of corporate influence is, if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The comments and speculation of a MeatEater purchase of Stone glacier are incorrect and misinformed. From a business perspective, MeatEater has been a wonderful partner of Stone Glacier for nearly 6 years. On a personal level, Steve and his family are very close friends of myself and my family. Please be wary of the false information spread by uninformed internet comments.

I cannot state clearly enough that the focus of Stone Glacier and our company direction will remain the same. The same production in the US, the same customer service, my same drive to better the company, products, and what it stands for. The primary change is now we have the added support of Vista, a US company vested in the shooting and hunting markets. As I have stated before, people have strong opinions about things they care about, and I feel extremely fortunate that people care enough about Stone Glacier to have a strong opinion. However, there is no one that cares more about the future of Stone Glacier more than I. Skepticism with change is a natural reaction, but trust that change is sometimes necessary for the betterment of company, employees, and customers.

Best

Kurt

92xj

WKR
The comments and speculation of a MeatEater purchase of Stone glacier are incorrect and misinformed. From a business perspective, MeatEater has been a wonderful partner of Stone Glacier for nearly 6 years. On a personal level, Steve and his family are very close friends of myself and my family. Please be wary of the false information spread by uninformed internet comments.

I cannot state clearly enough that the focus of Stone Glacier and our company direction will remain the same. The same production in the US, the same customer service, my same drive to better the company, products, and what it stands for. The primary change is now we have the added support of Vista, a US company vested in the shooting and hunting markets. As I have stated before, people have strong opinions about things they care about, and I feel extremely fortunate that people care enough about Stone Glacier to have a strong opinion. However, there is no one that cares more about the future of Stone Glacier more than I. Skepticism with change is a natural reaction, but trust that change is sometimes necessary for the betterment of company, employees, and customers.

Best

Kurt
Thanks Kurt. Glad to hear it from the horses mouth and that the words typed in other threads were false. I wish you and SG the best in the new adventure!

R_burg

WKR
Thanks for chiming in Kurt! Always enjoy doing business with you and your company.

Makes me want to create some redundancies in my gear now, for fear things may change. Doesn't hurt to have an extra frame and pack around.

Two is one and one is none as they say.
I was actually in the market for a new pack , hearing this I better go ahead and make a decision quickly if I want to get something that corporate America has no hand in lol , jk I’m sure things will change but probably help supply a lot !

To me it always made more sense meat eater gets exo becasue they use fusion already. And you see guys posting pictures all wearing these common gear choices first lite, fhf, exo are all usually on that user.

in my opinion fhf, FL, exo is the idaho/pnw guys.

Sg, sitka, kuiu is the Montana Alaska guys.
And then there was the Wyoming guys standing alone

USMC-40

WKR
I was perusing SG's site looking at the new pack they came out with and I love it (in concept). I also noticed a bunch of new technical apparel and will likely order some new clothes from them. Everything I have purchased from them has been great quality and when I have had questions they have been very responsive. Im excited for the new stuff.

The same people that complain that these small companies carry low levels of inventory will be the first ones to gripe that the company sold (in order to generate cash flow to create higher levels of inventory, among other reasons). Kinda funny to me.

Im glad for those guys and will continue to support by buying their stuff.

handwerk

WKR
I am confident that Kurt and his great crew will continue to produce quality, well thought out products that I will keep using for many years to come.

big fish eat little fish. Nothing you can do about it. One positive is Sg apparel is very hit or miss regarding size. With a much larger budget and access to the best tools and designers they can maybe clean up the sizing and get better materials. Its not secret hydra sheild isn't the best textile for a waterproof layer.

Hey I do a lot of research on technical apparel and am curious why you think Hydra shield is not that good? So far I've used gore-tex, Torray, and hydra shield and all seem to perform well. Now long term durability remains to be seen, but so far it seems to perform like a high end technical rain jacket.

Note: this is not to argue, but would like to know. Gore-tex and even Torray have years of testing so the data is there.

That’s an interesting statement, perhaps still true, but I believe muddied up a bit. In 2018 Vista Outdoors claimed that they were going to divest of their firearms business in the wake of the Parkland, Florida school shooting. REI it seems threatened to pull it’s business dealings with Vista if they did not. However, I am confused because when I look at their holdings of brands, they still include firearms manufacturers. So what are they? A capitulating company to whims, or are they 2A strong as you say?

bsnedeker

WKR
That’s an interesting statement, perhaps still true, but I believe muddied up a bit. In 2018 Vista Outdoors claimed that they were going to divest of their firearms business in the wake of the Parkland, Florida school shooting. REI it seems threatened to pull it’s business dealings with Vista if they did not. However, I am confused because when I look at their holdings of brands, they still include firearms manufacturers. So what are they? A capitulating company to whims, or are they 2A strong as you say?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk