Shout out for High Desert Rifle Works for Tikka Bottom Metal

Recently purchased a T3x (thanks Rokslide) and a good buddy recommended High Desert Rifle Works for bottom metal components. Looked ‘em up and liked that they were a local New Mexico company and their stuff is made in the U.S.. As soon as I placed the order the owner Thomas reached out to say thanks. He even offered to come install it for me if I needed help. Received the piece today and I’m happy. Shipped with shims and a Torx bit and went in the gun easy. Keep them in mind if you’re in the market.

IMG_1053.jpegIMG_1055.jpeg

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks for this post. I was leaning towards High Desert for my RS Special, and this thread and some other posts helped save me lots of wasted time with analysis paralysis. Wait - now I can choose linear vs regular? And get cerakote and choose a color?! I count on a bit more wasted time.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Been using his Tikka bottom metal since I think 2016... I've built 6 Tikkas using his factory clone piece. Awesome guy and great product! He will even cerakote to whatever color you want if that's your thing.

I always buy a couple hats from him every year as well... Wearing one today actually.

hat.jpg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thanks for this post. I was leaning towards High Desert for my RS Special, and this thread and some other posts helped save me lots of wasted time with analysis paralysis. Wait - now I can choose linear vs regular? And get cerakote and choose a color?! I count on a bit more wasted time.
Linear for gloves on, regular for gloves off for me. Most of mine use the regular.

fwafwow

WKR
Linear for gloves on, regular for gloves off for me. Most of mine use the regular.
Thanks, that’s what I thought. Now debating color - which is obviously unnecessary. Hat looks cool, so I’m in for that too.

I usually hunt in the sweltering heat, but it can sometimes get cold enough for gloves.

But the WY trip I’ve been hoping for is starting to take shape. Which means linear. And maybe another rifle…. 😎

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve had it on my 30-06 for awhile now myself.

Attachments

• IMG_5968.jpeg
    IMG_5968.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 68998027854__4A1D89BA-4754-4599-894F-094CA0920ED5.jpeg
    68998027854__4A1D89BA-4754-4599-894F-094CA0920ED5.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 50

Juan_ID

WKR
Back when I got my first tikka and started looking for a replacement I was drawn to the linear for some reason. I preferred their stainless color to match the stainless actions but always kinda wanted an orange one for some reason haha. I then switched most my tikkas to aics and sold them with the stocks. Now that I’m back in the factory stocks/magazines I’ll get a couple linears at some point. Thomas is a great guy to chat with and has great customer service.

fwafwow

WKR
I preferred their stainless color to match the stainless actions but always kinda wanted an orange one for some reason haha.
Same for me for stainless, but also orange. Probably a combination that they show orange as the default custom color, it’s my favorite color and would really look different. I’d likely lose on resale, but I suck on “I can sell it later” follow through.
Thomas is a great guy to chat with and has great customer service.
It’s always good to find someone like that, especially if here.

Last edited:

NSI

WKR
These are generally unnecessary, but I dig the linear or the Lumley Alaska for extra index room. The linear is micrometer-perfect to the t3x inlet. This is not true for all.

-J

Grumman

WKR
I’m really digging that stainless bottom metal look. Seems like a great product and company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Back when I got my first tikka and started looking for a replacement I was drawn to the linear for some reason. I preferred their stainless color to match the stainless actions but always kinda wanted an orange one for some reason haha. I then switched most my tikkas to aics and sold them with the stocks. Now that I’m back in the factory stocks/magazines I’ll get a couple linears at some point. Thomas is a great guy to chat with and has great customer service.
Still torn on orange (which would now sort of match my incoming grip), black (which makes the most sense) or to try to match it to the FDE on my can.