Since we love these stories

A buddy had sent me pics of "The Prince". It certainly seems to me like it's not a case of similar deer, but the same deer(s).

And cause I know how much you filthy animals like them.
Screenshot_20231216_170524_Facebook.jpg

Little meme for the word challenged.

VA DWR

Biologist friend of mine mentioned this investigation to me on Thursday. Would be nice to see actual follow through in the judicial system. Was just lamenting today about all the crap that gets reduced and plead away to nothing…..

Talked to a va Dwr guy all he would say is dude is toast. Man I hope so, they need to make an example out of him. That deer was famous, I’ll never understand the allure of social media.

I’m not on any of the big social media platforms but I’m pretty sure this is NOT how you get “likes”.

This photo is so stupid I almost can’t believe it’s real 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6918.png
    IMG_6918.png
    593 KB · Views: 141

Swamp Fox

WKR
89u215.jpg

Very similar one happened here 10+ years ago. Guy posts pictures of very unique buck claiming it came from this other area.....well, many people recognized this deer, and some of them knew he didnt have a tag for this limited draw unit.

Fng shows up to his house and finds all kinds of interesting things leading to solving some unsolved and ongoing crimes in the valley.........

That generally seems to be the actual incentive to poach.

Social media likes.

On MeatEater a long time ago they were talking about the psychology of a poacher. It was long enough ago that certainly things could have evolved. But they were talking about how serial poachers may account for something like 90% of all poaching. And that sometimes they catch these dudes and they find massive private collections in barns and such with a ton of trophies. So these dudes aren't doing it for the likes. It's like a private eff you to the establishment.

mi650

WKR
I can’t believe this guy was dumb enough to post pictures of the deer on social media.
That's how a neighbor of mine got caught last year, pics on FB and telling the story to anyone who'd listen.

And so much for all the mandatory minimums, which added up to about $16k and loss of license for 3 years. He paid a $150 fine and lost the $300 deposit he gave the taxidermist. :mad: