Snow tracks on ATV

Clarktar

WKR
Looking into tracks for a Polaris sportsman 570. New territory for me so I figured I reach out to the rokslide community and see if there was anyone with experience to share.

Thanks,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
Per earlier comments, too small. We have a few of them. Bigger is better. Power steering is better. A 570 w/o power steering might lead you to a bad experience. We do most our business with the folks at ATV tracks.net out of Spokane, WA. You can google them. They’ve done pretty good by us. End of day it’s what you want out of it. The tracks rob HP but are amazingly stable and solved a lot of issues that sleds failed at.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks. Yea this 570 I have has power steering. I'm not going up any vertical, just crusing flat ground trying to get firewood in places that are only accessible when it's frozen.

Thanks

KurtR

WKR
They suck up a lot of horsepower. I think a 570 would be very underpowered.
I was thinking the same thing. Most have them for ice fishing around here and just going on flat lakes I don’t think 570 is big enough. I seen one that size with them and it was a struggle to keep them turning fast enough

I’ve used tracks on a grizzly 800 and i did notice a little power decline, but what you’ll really notice is how fast your machine will suck down the fuel. If you only plan on riding in the snow it controls just fine. Any dirt riding in my experience has be horrible, especially off trail. If you are planning on just using for snow I’d personally just go with a snow machine, better handling and fuel efficiency, and you’ll be able to go more places the quad can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
As noted tracks suck gas and power. Started with a Yamaha 450 and it was able to do the job but very underpowered. Have moved on to a 700 and it is never underpowered. I run the tracks on any surface, pavement included for limited miles. A friend ran his set for close to 13 years before they needed replacing with heavy use in all conditions. My tires never go on and just sit in a corner. Watch your fuel and the real benefit over a snowmobile is the ability to just have one machine and can carry a lot of gear and can use in varying road conditions especially in the spring where a snowmobile is not feasible. Two of us run 700 grizzly sand odd man out a can am.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4320.jpeg
    IMG_4320.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4319.jpeg
    IMG_4319.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4318.jpeg
    IMG_4318.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 49
OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
As noted tracks suck gas and power. Started with a Yamaha 450 and it was able to do the job but very underpowered. Have moved on to a 700 and it is never underpowered. I run the tracks on any surface, pavement included for limited miles. A friend ran his set for close to 13 years before they needed replacing with heavy use in all conditions. My tires never go on and just sit in a corner. Watch your fuel and the real benefit over a snowmobile is the ability to just have one machine and can carry a lot of gear and can use in varying road conditions especially in the spring where a snowmobile is not feasible. Two of us run 700 grizzly sand odd man out a can am.
Thanks Ross. I'd love a 700 Kodiak or Grizz. But the Polaris 570 was a steal and budget rules the roost here.

Any brands for tracks that are more reputable than others? Others to surely avoid?

Thanks

Wrench

WKR
I have a 700 polaris with kimpex wides and no power steering. It's pretty much the biggest workout combo. It is impressive where they will go. I think a 570 would leave you wanting more....but you could hunt on it.