So what was it if not Squatch?

FLATHEAD

WKR
How do we know about anything that happened a long time ago in history? We know because people wrote it down. There are a pile of ancient texts that discuss Jesus the person. Both of Jewish and Roman authorship, and within a short time frame after his death. Believe what you will about the claims Jesus made, but it is a completely ridiculous position to say there is more evidence for Bigfoot than for Jesus.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Yep, even history's calendar is based on Jesus' Birth.

Pdzoller

WKR
So we can consider a second hand, written account, with no body as solid evidence? I think there is plenty of that with good old Bigfoot and E.T.

Hell, bad as they are, there are even thousands of photos.
The Olympic Project claims to have photos of nest sights and were even able to get DNA samples. There is even DNA evidence from hair samples taken in 2021 that was tested by UCLA that is yet to be debunked.

To say there is no evidence is ignorant. To say they for sure exist without a body is also ignorant. If a person has seen something and knows it exists from personal experience is fine but they better not expect everyone else to believe without concrete proof.

Please don’t shoot the idiots in the gorilla suits lol.

So we can consider a second hand, written account, with no body as solid evidence? I think there is plenty of that with good old Bigfoot and E.T.

Hell, bad as they are, there are even thousands of photos.
The Olympic Project claims to have photos of nest sights and were even able to get DNA samples. There is even DNA evidence from hair samples taken in 2021 that was tested by UCLA that is yet to be debunked.

To say there is no evidence is ignorant. To say they for sure exist without a body is also ignorant. If a person has seen something and knows it exists from personal experience is fine but they better not expect everyone else to believe without concrete proof.

Please don’t shoot the idiots in the gorilla suits lol.

When something is written by somebody about events they have personally witnessed that is actually called a primary source, not secondary. When multiple primary historical accounts corroborate that is, in fact, pretty solid evidence that something happened in history. I would challenge you to present the bodies of various other well known people that lived during that time. Moreover, if you need a body to be sure of something, then where is the big foot body? It is pretty difficult to prove a negative so I can't prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist any more than you can prove Jesus didn't exist. For now I put it in the same category as all the Mt lions people have seen around me. I will believe them when I see a track, picture, or I put one in a tree. My main point is it makes no sense to compare the validity of evidence for a creature in our current times to that for a historical figure of 2000 years ago.

Pdzoller

WKR
When something is written by somebody about events they have personally witnessed that is actually called a primary source, not secondary. When multiple primary historical accounts corroborate that is, in fact, pretty solid evidence that something happened in history. I would challenge you to present the bodies of various other well known people that lived during that time. Moreover, if you need a body to be sure of something, then where is the big foot body? It is pretty difficult to prove a negative so I can't prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist any more than you can prove Jesus didn't exist. For now I put it in the same category as all the Mt lions people have seen around me. I will believe them when I see a track, picture, or I put one in a tree. My main point is it makes no sense to compare the validity of evidence for a creature in our current times to that for a historical figure of 2000 years ago.

Mainly I am just having some sport but I challenge you to present a factual first hand written account of Jesus. Something that was not written decades after the fact. I never said anything about Jesus the man in any of my posts. My original statement was comparing religious beliefs to beliefs that Sasquatch and E.T.’s exist.

For the record, most ancient accounts are written decades to hundreds of years after the fact and have been rewritten and re-edited many times, sadly some of the time to fit an individual or groups agenda.

maddmartagan

Lil-Rokslider
I love when people use the “I have been in the woods my whole life and never heard an animal that sounds like this” argument. I’ve been around thousands of dogs my whole life and still see videos of them making weird ass crazy noises that no one would believe came from a dog if it was audio only. Just go Google “dog makes weird noise”. Sorry, it’s just such a stupid justification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t prove anything but I followed these tracks for a bit up in a gated area that is closed to the public due to the fires in Willamette national forest. Miles away from the nearest vehicle access.
A squatch hit this guy so hard on top of the head he was driven into he ground. Absolute proof I’d say.

Mainly I am just having some sport but I challenge you to present a factual first hand written account of Jesus. Something that was not written decades after the fact. I never said anything about Jesus the man in any of my posts. My original statement was comparing religious beliefs to beliefs that Sasquatch and E.T.’s exist.

For the record, most ancient accounts are written decades to hundreds of years after the fact and have been rewritten and re-edited many times, sadly some of the time to fit an individual or groups agenda.
Gospels of Matthew and John, John 1&2, revelation, Peter 1&2 were written by people that met Jesus.

bdg848

WKR
Not to get off topic, but to say Jesus was not a real person that walked the earth and had many followers who personally met him and even lived with him daily and who wrote first hand accounts of their time with him is just dumb. You can not believe their claims of his deity, whatever, but to say he never existed is hilariously ignorant when every historian ever says he did lol.....Now........ back to sasquatch.

As for cameras, most claims of a sighting are claimed to have happened in just a couple of seconds. It's hard to get a perfectly clear photo of something walking briefly through a field of view in and out of shadow in just three to five seconds so the lack of those photos wouldn't surprise me. I have one clear picture of my German shorthair pointer as a puppy...the rest are blurry blobs that if you look hard enough and squint, you make out the vague outline of a crazy hyper streak of fur. I took my time trying to get a good photo of that stupid dog and got ONE in the first 6 months lol.

As for trail cameras, I saw an interesting piece on great apes and their reaction to trail cameras placed by scientists in the congo. 1- apes in areas with frequent human interference would go totally nocturnal making sighting virtually impossible. 2- Researchers placed trail cameras on well used trails and about half the photos/videos were of chimps eying the camera from the very edge of the sensor range all the way to the camera indicating that they had Immediately spotted the unnatural object artificially inserted into their domain and were watching it. The remaining photos/videos were of a chimp's fingers touching the camera from the sides or behind without any photos of the chimp's approaching, indicating that again, they immediately spotted the thing that was out of place prior to triggering the camera and then they circled around the camera to investigate it from a "safer" angle and as a result, didn't trigger the camera until they put their hand in front. If they hadn't been so curious, they wouldn't have been captured on camera at all.

Studies have been done that show how incredibly intelligent the great apes are and show that they can process information INSANELY fast...waaaayyy faster than a human can process information. Humans can look at squiggly shapes on paper and attribute meaning to them and then visualize an entire story in their head based on those squiggly shapes. I would imagine that an ape that had as much or similar raw brain power as a human but used it differently would be on a whole other level compared to a human when in its natural environment. Theoretically, I bet I could beat a sasquatch at chess but you could probably never beat it at just existing in it's environment. I bet every bent leaf or broken spider web would be a whole book worth of information for something that does nothing but exist and focusses only on continuing to exist.

The patterson footage is also very compelling if you actually look at it. You can see every major muscle group moving under the fur. This is the same time that the best monkey suit that hollywood can buy with millions of dollars was seen in the original planet of the apes and that's not even close to what you see in the footage. You also can see female breasts on the thing....who would have thought to put breasts on their suit? There is also some scale measurements done on that video that make the thing seen be about 8 feet tall. Also the ratio of the limbs on the thing are way off from a human. A person in a multimillion dollar (for the time) suit, a suit with breasts, and at least as tall as a pro basketball player, would also be wearing forearm extensions to make the elbow and limb ratios look like they do in the video. Again, none of that is impossible to hoax but that was a very elaborate hoax at a time before bigfoot was cemented into pop culture and even before the term "bigfoot" was even invented. There are one or two other videos that are very compelling and hard to fake and then there are a bunch that can be explained away but, Anyway, None of this is proof but the "why don't we have clear video" thing doesn't seem reasonable when 1- there is pretty good video and 2- perfect video/trailcam would be extremely unlikely under most circumstances.

I'll be hones though, I HOPE they are real but never want to see one haha.

They must never drink, because if they did, we would have at least a few trail camera pics of them, cause they are EVERYWHERE

TheGDog

WKR
Yep, even history's calendar is based on Jesus' Birth.
Fun Fact.... In Armenia they celebrate Christmas day a few days after we do. And the reason for that, as I was told, was because it took those few days for somebody who was from there... to hurry up and travel back there in order to spread the news. So apparently they day they'd heard about it was the day they'd traditionally used to celebrate it. I thought that one was funny since it makes sense for that time period. Then I imagine all these people as he runs into town breathless... catches his breath and then likely exuberantly tells them all about the Birth.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Not to get off topic, but to say Jesus was not a real person that walked the earth and had many followers who personally met him and even lived with him daily and who wrote first hand accounts of their time with him is just dumb. You can not believe their claims of his deity, whatever, but to say he never existed is hilariously ignorant when every historian ever says he did lol.....Now........ back to sasquatch.

As for cameras, most claims of a sighting are claimed to have happened in just a couple of seconds. It's hard to get a perfectly clear photo of something walking briefly through a field of view in and out of shadow in just three to five seconds so the lack of those photos wouldn't surprise me. I have one clear picture of my German shorthair pointer as a puppy...the rest are blurry blobs that if you look hard enough and squint, you make out the vague outline of a crazy hyper streak of fur. I took my time trying to get a good photo of that stupid dog and got ONE in the first 6 months lol.

As for trail cameras, I saw an interesting piece on great apes and their reaction to trail cameras placed by scientists in the congo. 1- apes in areas with frequent human interference would go totally nocturnal making sighting virtually impossible. 2- Researchers placed trail cameras on well used trails and about half the photos/videos were of chimps eying the camera from the very edge of the sensor range all the way to the camera indicating that they had Immediately spotted the unnatural object artificially inserted into their domain and were watching it. The remaining photos/videos were of a chimp's fingers touching the camera from the sides or behind without any photos of the chimp's approaching, indicating that again, they immediately spotted the thing that was out of place prior to triggering the camera and then they circled around the camera to investigate it from a "safer" angle and as a result, didn't trigger the camera until they put their hand in front. If they hadn't been so curious, they wouldn't have been captured on camera at all.

Studies have been done that show how incredibly intelligent the great apes are and show that they can process information INSANELY fast...waaaayyy faster than a human can process information. Humans can look at squiggly shapes on paper and attribute meaning to them and then visualize an entire story in their head based on those squiggly shapes. I would imagine that an ape that had as much or similar raw brain power as a human but used it differently would be on a whole other level compared to a human when in its natural environment. Theoretically, I bet I could beat a sasquatch at chess but you could probably never beat it at just existing in it's environment. I bet every bent leaf or broken spider web would be a whole book worth of information for something that does nothing but exist and focusses only on continuing to exist.

The patterson footage is also very compelling if you actually look at it. You can see every major muscle group moving under the fur. This is the same time that the best monkey suit that hollywood can buy with millions of dollars was seen in the original planet of the apes and that's not even close to what you see in the footage. You also can see female breasts on the thing....who would have thought to put breasts on their suit? There is also some scale measurements done on that video that make the thing seen be about 8 feet tall. Also the ratio of the limbs on the thing are way off from a human. A person in a multimillion dollar (for the time) suit, a suit with breasts, and at least as tall as a pro basketball player, would also be wearing forearm extensions to make the elbow and limb ratios look like they do in the video. Again, none of that is impossible to hoax but that was a very elaborate hoax at a time before bigfoot was cemented into pop culture and even before the term "bigfoot" was even invented. There are one or two other videos that are very compelling and hard to fake and then there are a bunch that can be explained away but, Anyway, None of this is proof but the "why don't we have clear video" thing doesn't seem reasonable when 1- there is pretty good video and 2- perfect video/trailcam would be extremely unlikely under most circumstances.

I'll be hones though, I HOPE they are real but never want to see one haha.
Thought you had an interesting post so looked into it. Short video that mentions the anatomy.

Maverick1

WKR
Ok first experience. I was hiking into a cut on the westside in Oregon hunting spring bear. I take a big dump in this spot then continue to the cut. I glass until it is getting late in the day so I start back. When I get to the spot that I took the dump I suddenly get the feeling I'm being watched. The wind is in my face and I get smell of rotten eggs, death and wet dog. It freaks me out and I get out of there. I go back to camp and tell my wife about it. She says it's probably Squatch.

Experience number two. It is the same year but in the fall. My friend and I go to the same cut to hunt deer. We get out of the truck and we hear this loud "whooping" noise. Sounded like a part gorilla / part man. It Whooped about seven times. It was so loud you could feel it I your chest. At this point I am convinced it is Squatch.

Experience number three. I am alone hunting turkey on Green Ridge near Sisters Oregon. It is night and I am parked with my trailer on the side of a dirt road near the top of the ridge. I am running my generator outside on the back of the trailer so I could watch TV. I am laying in the bed watching a movie or something and the only way I can describe what happened is it sounded like an elephant stopped on the ground. A big stomping noise that you could feel. I was like HOLY SHEEEEOOOT. I crack the door open with the 1911 ready to rock. I see nothing and look all around the trailer. I see nothing so I go back to watching the movie. I was stumped as what it could be. I was a little freaked out.

So I go back to the movie watching. About thirty seconds later there is a huge "SMACK" right behind my head. I leap out of bed and grab the gun. I was completely freaked out at this point. I came out again with 45 and flashlight, practically pissing myself and make it to the cab of my truck. I jumped in and hauled ass outta there. The next day I looked at the trailer and there was a huge dent where Squatch or a coyote or whatever had thrown probably a big rock at my trailer.

Jo

Fun Fact.... In Armenia they celebrate Christmas day a few days after we do. And the reason for that, as I was told, was because it took those few days for somebody who was from there... to hurry up and travel back there in order to spread the news. So apparently they day they'd heard about it was the day they'd traditionally used to celebrate it. I thought that one was funny since it makes sense for that time period. Then I imagine all these people as he runs into town breathless... catches his breath and then likely exuberantly tells them all about the Birth.
Armenians celebrate it January 6th.

bdg848

WKR
Thought you had an interesting post so looked into it. Short video that mentions the anatomy.
Good video. The full stabilized Patterson video is very interesting. You can see tons of anatomy. An insanely detailed monkey suit for the year 2021 let alone the early 60s.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Ok first experience. I was hiking into a cut on the westside in Oregon hunting spring bear. I take a big dump in this spot then continue to the cut. I glass until it is getting late in the day so I start back. When I get to the spot that I took the dump I suddenly get the feeling I'm being watched. The wind is in my face and I get smell of rotten eggs, death and wet dog. It freaks me out and I get out of there. I go back to camp and tell my wife about it. She says it's probably Squatch.

Experience number two. It is the same year but in the fall. My friend and I go to the same cut to hunt deer. We get out of the truck and we hear this loud "whooping" noise. Sounded like a part gorilla / part man. It Whooped about seven times. It was so loud you could feel it I your chest. At this point I am convinced it is Squatch.

Experience number three. I am alone hunting turkey on Green Ridge near Sisters Oregon. It is night and I am parked with my trailer on the side of a dirt road near the top of the ridge. I am running my generator outside on the back of the trailer so I could watch TV. I am laying in the bed watching a movie or something and the only way I can describe what happened is it sounded like an elephant stopped on the ground. A big stomping noise that you could feel. I was like HOLY SHEEEEOOOT. I crack the door open with the 1911 ready to rock. I see nothing and look all around the trailer. I see nothing so I go back to watching the movie. I was stumped as what it could be. I was a little freaked out.

So I go back to the movie watching. About thirty seconds later there is a huge "SMACK" right behind my head. I leap out of bed and grab the gun. I was completely freaked out at this point. I came out again with 45 and flashlight, practically pissing myself and make it to the cab of my truck. I jumped in and hauled ass outta there. The next day I looked at the trailer and there was a huge dent where Squatch or a coyote or whatever had thrown probably a big rock at my trailer.

Think 1971 song by the temptations. There is your answer.

Dackdack

FNG
I find it very strange that there is no clear footage but I believe there is something going on. I know of a couple really good hunters that have either seen them or had unexplainable things happen. I sound crazy even saying this but I’ve read they can move between different realities or something. Basically appear and disappear. Not saying I believe it but who knows these days. Come hike the coastal mountains in BC in November/Dec and I am positive you wouldn’t completely rule it out. It is remote and very steep.

OP
B

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I think most skeptics are just wired that way. Unless they see with their own eyes they won't believe. And even if they see they would make an excuse to rationalize it. I understand that. I am leaning towards them being real due to my experiences. I think man is pretty arrogant. We think we know everything. Maybe. just maybe there is something out there smarter than us. I know its hard to fathom lol.

Iv'e heard people say that there is no way there could be Bigfoots because we have been everywhere on earth for the most part. Well have you ever stepped foot in the Oregon costal jungle? There is so much land in Oregon alone that is so wild that it would be almost impossible to explore it. There are places to hide. Maybe these creatures no that man could end them so they hide.