So what was it if not Squatch?

The youtube channel The facts by How to Hunt.com is good place to go if you are on the fence. Steve Isdahl in B.C. gets THOUSANDS of emails sent in by experiencers and reads their accounts to the viewer. Sure, some are probably fake but there are literally thousands sent in that sound legit. Check it out for yourself. Take it, or leave it. Another good source of info is David Paulides from the canam missing project 411 channel. There IS actually DNA evidence that has been independently verified in double blind studies. Many people have been convicted of a crime and sent to prison based on credible eye witness testimony alone but for some reason that isn't good enough when it comes to the paranormal.

Last edited:

Mt Al

WKR
There IS actually DNA evidence that has been independently verified in double blind studies.

Honest question, not being a smartass.

-The DNA evidence has been independently, double blind verified as what? Like what animal was the DNA from, or could they not find a match between the DNA and other known species? "No match" would be compelling that there's stuff out there we don't know about.
-Can you provide a source?

Thank you

Jauwater

WKR
Honest question, not being a smartass.

-The DNA evidence has been independently, double blind verified as what? Like what animal was the DNA from, or could they not find a match between the DNA and other known species? "No match" would be compelling that there's stuff out there we don't know about.
-Can you provide a source?

Thank you
If I remember correctly....

The Mitochondrial DNA came back as human female.

The Nuclear DNA came back inconclusive.

It's not all that simple though. There are several podcasts with Dr Melba Ketchum explaining the events / processes of what was going on, what they were finding out, and the road blocks created when her research would be brought to light. It's all pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
If I remember correctly....

The Mitochondrial DNA came back as human female.

The Nuclear DNA came back inconclusive.

It's not all that simple though. There are several podcasts with Dr Melba Ketchum explaining the events / processes of what was going on, what they were finding out, and the road blocks created when her research would be brought to light. It's all pretty interesting.

Appreciate your response, no clue what any of that means or how it points to a squatch.

Having worked with academic researchers across the country for a majority of my professional life, I don't trust any of them without absolute physical proof anyway. To work among them is to develop a sense of humor about their claims. Others may trust their papers, talks, theories.

Everyone will have their unassailable facts to support their beliefs, I just like having fun with this and will cease and desist on this thread.

Take it or leave it. not saying it is proof, just... interesting.

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
If there was some DNA evidence... since we've never had one in captivity... how the bleep would they know the sample they might have collected has anything to do with a Sasquatch!?

Somebody else mentioned the HowToHunt YT channel. The second that dude started speaking seriously about Sasquatch, and making vids related to answering Sasquatch Questions... I was like "Aw dang it! Not you too! Oh Well... C-Ya! and proceeded to click the Unsubscribe button.

Then when he noticed a bunch of dummies showing interesting in THAT topic... then he got into a thing of trying to pump out more boring a$$ lameo vids committed to that topic, only because the "cerebrally-challenged" started showing up so his YT numbers went up, (naturally, because never under estimate the power of large groups of less-intelligent people).

I mean just think about it for a hot second. If a hominid was running around out there, I sure wouldn't want to meetup with him while in the backcountry. Just imagine presumably a critter similar to the level of savvy as you... and you've got this backpack with snacks and food stuffs in it. Whatchu think is gon happen?

Also... if they were "out there" what would happen the moment they started getting to be "successful" at mastering their environment? They'd start having higher numbers found in an area... yes? Simple Biology 101? Which would also lead us to believe the chances of spotting one would increase exponentially, right? IF there were 2... I'd have 100% higher chance of running into one, and so forth, yes? C'Mon people, ain't that hard, just use your grey matter.

Last edited:

bdg848

WKR
If there was some DNA evidence... since we've never had one in captivity... how the bleep would they know the sample they might have collected has anything to do with a Sasquatch!?

Somebody else mentioned the HowToHunt YT channel. The second that dude started speaking seriously about Sasquatch, and making vids related to answering Sasquatch Questions... I was like "Aw dang it! Not you too! Oh Well... C-Ya! and proceeded to click the Unsubscribe button.

Then when he noticed a bunch of dummies showing interesting in THAT topic... then he got into a thing of trying to pump out more boring a$$ lameo vids committed to that topic, only because the "cerebrally-challenged" started showing up so his YT numbers went up, (naturally, because never under estimate the power of large groups of less-intelligent people).

I mean just think about it for a hot second. If a hominid was running around out there, I sure wouldn't want to meetup with him while in the backcountry. Just imagine presumably a critter similar to the level of savvy as you... and you've got this backpack with snacks and food stuffs in it. Whatchu think is gon happen?

Also... if they were "out there" what would happen the moment they started getting to be "successful" at mastering their environment? They'd start having higher numbers found in an area... yes? Simple Biology 101? Which would also lead us to believe the chances of spotting one would increase exponentially, right? IF there were 2... I'd have 100% higher chance of running into one, and so forth, yes? C'Mon people, ain't that hard, just use your grey matter.
That sounds like a good example of the gambler's fallacy.

Copied- "If after tossing four heads in a row, the next coin toss also came up heads, it would complete a run of five successive heads. Since the probability of a run of five successive heads is 1/32 (one in thirty-two), a person might believe that the next flip would be more likely to come up tails rather than heads again. This is incorrect and is an example of the gambler's fallacy. The event "5 heads in a row" and the event "first 4 heads, then a tails" are equally likely, each having probability of 1/32."

Each individual coin flip has its own chances and is completely independent from the previous flips. Replace a 50/50 coin toss with an event of even lower odds than 50/50 and you can see how it really doesn't matter how many people go into the woods with cameras or what the population of big undiscovered critters there may or may not be if the chance of getting indisputable video evidence due to environmental factors is very low to begin with.

bsnedeker

WKR

Copied- "If after tossing four heads in a row, the next coin toss also came up heads, it would complete a run of five successive heads. Since the probability of a run of five successive heads is 1/32 (one in thirty-two), a person might believe that the next flip would be more likely to come up tails rather than heads again. This is incorrect and is an example of the gambler's fallacy. The event "5 heads in a row" and the event "first 4 heads, then a tails" are equally likely, each having probability of 1/32."

Each individual coin flip has its own chances and is completely independent from the previous flips. Replace a 50/50 coin toss with an event of even lower odds than 50/50 and you can see how it really doesn't matter how many people go into the woods with cameras or what the population of big undiscovered critters there may or may not be if the chance of getting indisputable video evidence due to environmental factors is very low to begin with.
Ugh....that might be the worst attempt at drawing an analogy I have ever seen. That was painful to read.

bdg848

WKR
Ugh....that might be the worst attempt at drawing an analogy I have ever seen. That was painful to read.
I wasn't really making an analogy, I was just pointing out the actual mathematical fallacy in the assumption the last guy made. Thanks, though.

Pramo

WKR
I could be sold on Aliens statically there is little chance we are the only intelligent life in the universe. As far as Big Foot, Easter Bunny and Santa Clause I have hard time buying in.

Jauwater

WKR
how it points to a squatch.

Having worked with academic researchers across the country for a majority of my professional life, I don't trust any of them without absolute physical proof anyway. To work among them is to develop a sense of humor about their claims. Others may trust their papers, talks, theories.

Its funny you mention your distrust, because she actually touches on this, and how it affected the way she went about having the DNA tested.

It's been a couple years since I've looked into this, and without going to deep, and sounding to ignorant, I'll add in a couple things, if I'm remembering them correctly.

Mitochondrial DNA only tells one side of the story, I believe it tells the mothers side. But you need the Nuclear DNA to see the whole picture. But it's my understanding that Nuclear DNA is much harder to obtain than the Mitochondrial. The testing takes longer, it's more expensive, and DNA I guess is very easily contaminated if not properly cared for at all times.

I think the organization they started for this was the Bigfoot Genome Project, if you wish to research it further.

If I remember correctly, she had 3 samples tested for the Mitochondrial, which all came back human female. Dr Melba Ketchum never shared any knowledge with the them as far as what they were testing, or what they were trying to learn. So the Mitochondrial never created to big of a stink because the scientists have seen human female DNA before, so nobody cared to ask. But when she had the Nuclear DNA tested it created alot of interest because the scientists never seen what they were seeing. So they wanted to know what they were testing, and when it came out that they were trying to prove the existence of bigfoot is when the Nuclear DNA was labeled inconclusive. But, again, if I remember correctly I wanna say somewhere during that process one of the samples came back as Ape. But there is alot more to it all that makes it far more interesting. And I'd recommend looking into it rather than taking my word for it.

I will say this about the woman heading it, Dr Melba Ketchum, I dunno how much I trust her at this point. But as far as this DNA business goes its all eventually going to come to light or get exposed. The thing is, this isn't new research. This started nearly 10 years ago. The research came very slow at first because it was a small group with very limited funding. Far more people are aware of this nowadays, and others that I am aware of have reached out to Dr Ketchum about the research, and wanting to further the research, but she's become very defensive about it all. And it seemed like to me she basically believes she's already got the data that's needed, but doesn't feel like she's been treated fairly within the science community. I dunno where the research is today. I did hear something about the Olympic Project finding a bunch of giant "nests", and several large bone piles somewhere near Mt St Helens, and finding DNA samples they were wanting to test. That was a couple years ago anyway.
I dunno if it matters whether DNA is found. It'll create alot of interest, but make only few believers, more controversy. I did watch a documentary a few years ago where these guys found some hair in the woods that changes tone like a chameleon under different light or shade. I thought forsure this was fake, and would be deemed a hoax, but I guess several other researchers, and scientists have since seen it, and it's being tested, and it's creating alot of interest.

The point of testing the DNA isn't to purposely match it with other matching DNA. They are looking for new DNA. DNA that hasn't been discovered. And no, that wouldn't prove Sasquatch exists, but it would prove we don't know everythingnunder the canopy.

TheGDog

WKR

False equivalency on soo many levels. (Though I do understand the point you were _trying_ to make.)

Last edited:
I think it is kind of taboo to talk about this stuff on the internet so maybe this should get moved to PM's. Kind of like not talking about specific hunting spots. Thats why the old timers are so vehemently denying existence. The hunting is good currently and if the instafamous get their hands on this info there's gonna be a bunch of douchy pictures all over instagram. My God, imagine what the huntresses would be doing for likes.

TheGDog

WKR
Long story shorter, for an organism that has for soo long had stories about it's presence occur... if anything... moving further along in the line of time... if that organism... back then... was the first of it's kind... then it stands to reason that today, there would be either MORE of it's kind... or....NONE of it's kind left.

If there are NONE of it's kind left, such as in the instance of a critter which evolved into a different species, which means it finally made it different enough from it's ancestor so it couldn't procreate with it's ancestor species anymore. Then NO ONE would see them again, anymore.

If there are MORE of them around... it stands to reason that sightings would increase, and in the whole of my lifetime by now some stupid mofo would have managed to snap a pic in the cellphone era / TrailCam era.

Is it possible another Hominid species exists? Sure!

Is it possible another Hominid species exists in the Forests of North America and no evidence is ever found? I'm havin' a real hard damn time with that one. And also... the way I understand it... the localities in which folks are making these claims... unless such a species has some crazy fur on it.... or adapts some herd-like behaviours such as sleeping together in big groups to withstand the colds they'd face... I just don't see how they continue on as a species for 50+ years of being "talked about" and not have somebody see evidence of their presence, whether by cellphone pic, TrailCam, tracks that led someone to finding purposefully built shelters out in the middle of nowhere, etc.

Just think to yourself... in areas where some folks STILL live off-grid Mountain-man style to this day... there is ALWAYS gonna be evidence of their presence to be found.

Heck even bears figure a way to den-up in their winter. So at the very least you'd figure there would also be some type of shelter/structure/denning-site that somebody would have found by now since these sightings apparently take place in Mountain/Alpine habitats, yes? And it would have looked different than a bears as there'd not be bear tracks leading into it. There'd be their kind of tracks leading into it.

It's really not "rocket surgery" folks.

I have seen tracks here in PA, and have had that feeling of dread people talk about in Colorado. Im guna send you a PM bro, I think youll want to read some shit.
Had the same feeling of dread come over me up in the White River area of CO. Could not place it, but the terror that overwhelmed me just out of the blue was intense. Couldn't rationalize with myself into calming down. Has never happened before or since.

As far a believing, there are documented stories going back a couple hundred years. Daniel Boone told a story of how he killed one that was attacking his son ( happened in KY). Just about every Native tribe in North America has stories of them. To me, it's like aliens. There are to many stories for it to be fake. There is always some truth in every story and or fable/lore.

BBob

WKR
You also can see female breasts on the thing....who would have thought to put breasts on their suit?
It's all about the Tata's, the Tata's, nothin but the Tata's ;)

For reals though, that feature in the video just kind of makes it. I wanna believe but...

TxxAgg

WKR
I want to hear more about this "feeling of dread"

Never heard of that before.