Springfield IL Scheels boot selection

DougR67

FNG
I am thinking about purchasing a pair of Crispi hunting boots and prefer to NOT mail order footwear. The nearest retailer that carries Crispi is roughly 2 hrs from me. Does anyone have firsthand experience with the footwear selection at Scheel's, specifically the Springfield IL store?

slimbw3

FNG
I was there 6 months ago looking to try on Crispi Nevadas. They didn’t have those but had roughly 6 pairs of different Crispis. I know they had the Guides but don’t recall the rest. Give them a ring, employees were nice.

bonehed67

FNG
Very nice store. As stated above, call them and ask. The staff has always been more than happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
D

DougR67

FNG
Thanks. Yes, I love the store, I just wish it weren't 2 hours away.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not that location but I’ve found the staff to be knowledgeable and helpful. Selection other than Crispi was limited in the hunting section. Could just be a seasonal thing but they were out of a lot of sizes in several brands and models (the website is fairly accurate as to what the store has). They’re moving away from Zamberlan so you might find a great clearance price. The main footwear section has more to choose from but it’s mostly hiking boots and shoes, a couple salewa and lowa options that are considered backpacking or light hunting duty boots.