Staccato - talk me out of it…😳

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to be the odd man out here and say no. I have a P and I just cleaned it up to sell it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a sweet shooter but I just don’t care for how heavy it is, the high bore axis, and I’ve never been a big fan of the 1911/2011 manual of arms and the thumb safety. Lots of people love them and Staccato cracked the code on reliability with their pistols, but I just can’t get past being able to buy a Glock and probably 8 cases of 9mm ball ammo for the same price of a gun that I just personally don’t care for all that much. I want a gun that you don’t need suspenders to carry (I’m joking…kind of) and magazines that don’t cost your first born.

texag10

WKR
I’m going to be the odd man out here and say no. I have a P and I just cleaned it up to sell it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a sweet shooter but I just don’t care for how heavy it is, the high bore axis, and I’ve never been a big fan of the 1911/2011 manual of arms and the thumb safety. Lots of people love them and Staccato cracked the code on reliability with their pistols, but I just can’t get past being able to buy a Glock and probably 8 cases of 9mm ball ammo for the same price of a gun that I just personally don’t care for all that much. I want a gun that you don’t need suspenders to carry (I’m joking…kind of) and magazines that don’t cost your first born.
How does the high bore axis manifest in shooting for you? I find the P a very stable shooting gun due to less barrel movement than most other designs.

Despite owning one, I do agree with your points. If money is an object, a decent polymer gun, a lot of ammo, and targeted, process focused dry and live fire practice will lead to better outcomes.

TSAMP

WKR
This is what I do, although I carried my staccato P with holosun 507comp and the magwell installed underneath a short sleeve button up with a 20 rd mag as a reload a couple weeks ago. I was working security for our church and some people had cased it during the week.

Tenicor certum 3 holster worn AIWB and a mastermind tactics stretchy mag pouch at 11:00 for the reload. I'm 5'11" 170lbs.
Rough church?

texag10

WKR
Rough church?
A block from a major road that has a lot of homeless and various criminal activity. Also next to a lower income apartment complex. Congregation is all types for sure, and the church building has been there since the 50s. One of our pastors joked they probably took some photos and decided there was nothing worth stealing in our building.

In all seriousness, it does provide good opportunities for outreach. It's cool doing the Easter egg hunt and seeing families that live locally come out and to enjoy some free food, have some fun for their kids, and get to hear the Gospel.

Yoder

WKR
I used to shoot competition for years. I know a few guys that were always buying better guns. Spent thousands of dollars to get the next new awesomeness that would make them a better shooter. I always beat them with my G17 gen3 I bought used for $300. If you always wanted one, have the money and think they are cool, buy it but it won't make you a better shooter. To do that, I would spend the money on ammo and some really good training classes.

texag10

WKR
Form?
Any experience with a Langdon full build beretta 92rdo.
Staccato and these are two im interested in.
My main "big" gun prior to getting a staccato was a 92 compact with a LTT trigger job and 13lb mainspring. Sublime trigger, smooth DA with minimal stacking, SA was about as good as you could ask for from a carry gun with a hinged trigger and a very short reset. If using any other optic than a holosun EPS/EPS carry, the irons will be super tall on the 92. Easy access to cheap, high quality 18rd mec gar mags for the 92.

In all honesty, it's probably the gun I should've got for a full size, RDS capable gun instead of my staccato. Guess it comes down to if the extra money matters and if you want DA/SA or SAO.
I used to shoot competition for years. I know a few guys that were always buying better guns. Spent thousands of dollars to get the next new awesomeness that would make them a better shooter. I always beat them with my G17 gen3 I bought used for $300. If you always wanted one, have the money and think they are cool, buy it but it won't make you a better shooter. To do that, I would spend the money on ammo and some really good training classes.
Why are you personally attacking me?! :LOL:

I sometimes wonder what kind of shooter I'd be if I could go back in time to when I was 21 and tell myself to buy a G19, decent irons, and then do 10-15 minutes of focused dry fire practice 4 or 5 times a week with par times with live fire confirmation. Being really freaking good at something is a lot more fun than having the cool new toy, but focused effort over time is harder than dropping coin for many people, myself included.

I don't shoot as much as Form, but I do shoot a bunch. The Staccato is a great gun. I settled on a couple Atlas pistols. I've only got a little over 10,000 rounds through one of them and I have only lubed it. One of the guys that I shoot with has an Atlas that he has put 180,000 rounds through and it's still going strong.
That's only about $50k worth of ammo, if not more... I bet that's been a real blast shooting that much.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
How does the high bore axis manifest in shooting for you? I find the P a very stable shooting gun due to less barrel movement than most other designs.

Despite owning one, I do agree with your points. If money is an object, a decent polymer gun, a lot of ammo, and targeted, process focused dry and live fire practice will lead to better outcomes.
This is going to sound stupid, but it just makes the recoil impulse feel awkward for me (for lack of a better term). I like to ride the gun as high as I can and the Staccato ergonomics just don’t let me do that. I’ve spent a fair amount of time shooting pistols, and I’m an OK pistol shooter (A class in Production Class for USPSA and Steel Challenge shooting a G34.4) and dry fire daily, but despite putting probably 1.5-2K through the pistol and focusing on just the P for a few months I just never felt comfortable with it.

I admit it is a highly personal thing, so nothing I’m saying is meant to dissuade anyone from getting one if that’s what they really want - I know lots of folks that love theirs. Maybe I just have weird hands that were meant for a Glock with no backstrap.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Form?
Any experience with a Langdon full build beretta 92rdo.
Staccato and these are two im interested in.

Not with that particular 92, but lots with various Beretta 92’s, including some worked on ones. The 92 can be shot exceptionally well, but there is nothing that can be done to a 92 to make it what a comparable 1911/2011 is.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Here's another picture of one of @Formidilosus staccato's. They're incredible shooting pistols. He was kind enough to let me shoot his over a weekend where he taught me how to suck less with a pistol. Once you know proper grip mechanics operating the safety is a non-issue and you come to realize that the design of a 1911 or 2011 pistol is functionally perfect. This gun is even dirtier than the pictures let on. It's impressive!!!

20240405_111105.jpg

Has anyone shot the oracle arms 2311? Im interested only because i have a ton of p320 mags, got a pretty worked over x5 legion and a b&t apc9 pro SD and I like the idea of sharing mags over multiple guns

Anyone found a website that offers discounts on Staccatos? Big Tex used to offer 10% off and no taxes but they stopped.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Has anyone shot the oracle arms 2311? Im interested only because i have a ton of p320 mags, got a pretty worked over x5 legion and a b&t apc9 pro SD and I like the idea of sharing mags over multiple guns

The main problem with them is shape of the grip. Bumps, humps, palm swells, etc are not good for shooting performance.