Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

meddlecho

FNG
I haven't tried the aerolite, but I like the Cirque for active use and really packing on the warmth under a puffy while glassing. I'm going to AK next year and I think that the synthetic will be a good choice for those conditions also.
Cirque is a fantastic jacket, purchased mine January of this year. Wore it the rest of the winter here in MN (0 to -30 degree temps) and it kept me nice and warm with a base and mid layer. Going to be perfect in November once white tail season rolls around. Can't wait!

Does anyone have any experience with the Cirque jacket in the snow/ other moisture? Looking at it for a first rifle jacket, and it seems we always get dumped on with some wet snow at some point. I don’t need it to be a rain jacket, but If I’ll get soaked during a snowstorm then it’s not gonna work for me

Does anyone have any experience with the Cirque jacket in the snow/ other moisture? Looking at it for a first rifle jacket, and it seems we always get dumped on with some wet snow at some point. I don’t need it to be a rain jacket, but If I’ll get soaked during a snowstorm then it’s not gonna work for me
It isn't a hard shell. It'll repel light moisture for a reasonable period of time, but if its raining steadily or continuous wet snow, its going to get soaked.

ShreckIII

FNG
I think the SG is warmer simply because it fits better overall. The LPP is mostly overpriced hype, it's not garbage but it's certainly not worthy of its price tag or reputation in my experience.
I went camping with my daughter this past weekend and it got chilly enough to wear both the Cirque and the Grumman, not at the same time lol. She wore the Grumman and me the Cirque. I see exactly what you mean.

krolelov

FNG
I'm having issues with pant sizing in Kuiu and Firstlite. I was looking at SG de havilland pant. They have adjustable waist, so they may actually fit well. But the pricing is killing me. Without any discounts I am having a hard time justifying the purchase.

They don’t run sales except for free shipping a couple times a year. I have the pants and am very happy with them. They do run long so I had them shortened by 4 inches or so.

slowelk

WKR
Saw some gloves that seem to be a future product. Looked like they might not have a velcro cuff which I would love

They are testing out a few different gloves - shell gloves, and the gloves you are referring to if not others. The gloves you are referring to are fleece, and are the SG version of the OR vigor gloves.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I think the SG is warmer simply because it fits better overall. The LPP is mostly overpriced hype, it's not garbage but it's certainly not worthy of its price tag or reputation in my experience.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the LPP... I have a Grumman but bought the LPP for a more every day use type piece. I don't see why people would want to pack that thing around either, it's huge.

I have several pieces from SG to test out this year. One of the most surprising pieces is the Chinook Merino LS Crew. I have tried lots of base layers, and most suck for my use. I am a one baselayer guy for a one-day hunt or a fifteen-day hunt. I sweat a lot and I stink, anything pure synthetic is out, polygiene or not. I spend around a hundred days a year sweating into one base layer, so you learn quickly if it's going to work or not. When First Lite came out with Aerowool I didn't think I would find anything better. But I have to say I think the Chinook has all the things I love about Aerowool but seems to dry a little faster.

yeah I have had similar experience. Not sure how either since the SG is only 11% nylon and rest is pure merino compared to aerowool is 35% synthetic and is actully 20 gsm lighter as well. However, nothing drys as fast as snythetic but damn that stuff gets funky quick.

jd1006

WKR
I agree on the SG Merino. It’s been great. I wish they did zip-off’s, but the performance of it has far exceeded what First Lite’s lightweight aero wool is capable of.

slowelk

WKR
Any feedback or reviews on this one? Have you compared it to Sitka Lw core hoody? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not bad. It’s not as breathable, nor does it dry as quickly. That said, the SG is more durable and doesn’t pill as quickly as the Sitka. It also holds off stink well, probably as well as the Sitka core lightweight. I wear a LT in the Sitka and a L in the SG, the SG fits better.

sr80

WKR
Any feedback or reviews on this one? Have you compared it to Sitka Lw core hoody? Thanks!

I have both and would agree that the sitka is more breathable and dries faster, its also a lighter weight material. I do really like the SG enduro. Definitely one of my favorites right now. I find it a bit warm in warmer weather. Great hoody though.

schmalzy

WKR
It’s not bad. It’s not as breathable, nor does it dry as quickly. That said, the SG is more durable and doesn’t pill as quickly as the Sitka. It also holds off stink well, probably as well as the Sitka core lightweight. I wear a LT in the Sitka and a L in the SG, the SG fits better.

Appreciate it. Assuming you wear as a next to skin base layer?

schmalzy

WKR
I have both and would agree that the sitka is more breathable and dries faster, its also a lighter weight material. I do really like the SG enduro. Definitely one of my favorites right now. I find it a bit warm in warmer weather. Great hoody though.

I have one on the way. Thanks for feedback.

slowelk

WKR

Yes, only as a base. This spring I wore it stand-alone. It will do well in the climates I hunt, but I agree with sr80 that it’s kind of warm, at least compared to the core lightweight. It’s certainly a better stand-alone piece than the core lightweight.

sr80

WKR

Ive worn it next to skin as well with a thin base layer tshirt. Super comfortable shirt. I wanted to bring it for an august sheep hunt but itll be a tad warm for that.