Storing clothes anxiety

Every year I get crazy about scent. I mostly tree stand hunt with my bow. I get anxiety when it comes to scent on my clothes and gear.

how do you guy store your hunting clothes in the off season?

Am I to overboard? They will smell me and my breath regardless of how crazy I am with scent control on my clothes ?

I no they say to wash and hang dry clothes but it’s to cold out to dry outside. Should I just not care and leave them inside and ozone them and spray them down with scent killer and leave outside a Week before the season starts?

haha
Thanks

Scottyboy

WKR
I usually hang them a month or so in advance to get rid of the “musty” smell from being in a tote all winter/summer. I don’t go overboard, playing the wind is more important in my opinion, YMMV.

Creed28

FNG
store in tote, then wash clothes second week in September, let clothes hang for a couple days outside, while clothes hang, soak tote in scent killer on day 1, let air out an pack clothes away after clothes dry. Play wind when u hunt is most important, just my opinion

There are a lot things you can do to free your mind. I heard the other day a guy sets leaves on fire and hangs out in the smoke before he steps into the woods.
I would never tell anyone they are going too far. Especially if they won't say I go too far as I refresh weather underground 100 times a day watching the needle and planning access.

Mine hang in my closet with all my other clothes. I wash them with sport wash and that is it. I have never really gotten into the whole scent free thing.

ChrisS

WKR
Mine hang in my closet with all my other clothes. I wash them with sport wash and that is it. I have never really gotten into the whole scent free thing.
Same, I hunt 3-7 days at a time out of a camp with cigar smokers, farting, wood fires, and whatever is in the pot for dinner. There is zero chance I can keep anything "scent free". As long I keep an eye on my wind and the direction I'm hunting in, I don't worry about it.

I had a buddy that bought some scent lok leafy wear one time. I was following him through the woods and he farted. I told him right then that is carbon must have been all used up, cause it didn't block anything lol

I am not saying what other people are doing is wrong, I am just not dedicated enough to follow a strict regimen like some others are doing. I will say that I don't like getting gas and all that wearing them either. I try not to do anything crazy.

Mine are all in a cedar closet. Jackets hang, and pants/shirts are stacked, folded in a big cedar closet year-round. I try to minimize washing, only washing if I have sweated profusely in something or there is some noticeable odor. When it's time to hunt I put it in a backpack or tote to take to camp. I'll generally leave them outside at camp but I'm very far from neurotic when it comes to scent. Wind and noise are much, much bigger priorities to me.

Not much of a whitetail hunter anymore, but did hunt them exclusively with a bow for 15 years. Wash in baking soda and chemical/smell free detergent (I use newborn/baby detergent). Hang dry outside, put in tote with baking soda lined bottom and fresh earth wafer things. Set tote in back of closet. In my experience cover scents work better than staying “scent free”, mainly because it’s impossible to stay scent free so controlling your scent as much as possible and adding cover scent works better, at least in my experience. Those dry earth wafers smell identical to dirt, then usually spray pants/boots with raccoon piss.... the things we do for whitetails....
Wind is important but can only be controlled so much when stand hunting for big bucks. Wind changes, big bucks have a knack for coming in where you least expect them, etc.

Store your clothes in a tote with some baking soda and piece of cedar wood and forget about it. Redirect your anxiety into hanging stands for varying winds and watching wind weather forecasts! I like “windguru” website best or the “Windfinder” app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never taken extreme measures to hide scent like that. Even bow hunting I find as long as I'm careful with my wind I'm okay. It is my opinion that if the wind changes and blows your scent towards your quarry, your dead no matter what you've done. Your clothes will still smell either like your house, your car, your breakfast burrito, etc haha. I just hang my hunting clothes all together in my hunting storage room.

I wash my clothes in UV/scent free wash and let them dry outside about two weeks before season and store them in a tote. I wash as needed but try to only wash my dwr treated gear once or twice a year.

I use to put some pine branches in my clothes container but I stopped that a few years ago. I play the wind as best as possible and it has worked for me.

I think preseason scouting and proper stand location is much more important that any scent regiment.

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Like other’s have said, I wash mine in scent free detergent then hang dry outside or in the attic if it’s cold where human odors are less.

I then get one of those arm and hammer baking soda boxes for the refrigerator which has a mesh/cheesecloth once you tear it open to absorb odors. Place one in each tote and don’t worry about it.

I only use scent free/dye free for all my clothing. So no special wash.
My puffy and larger jackets hang with my other coats and my other hunting clothes live in a tote.

I rewash at the beginning of the season but don't think it's necessary.

These days I'm lucky to find time to hunt, ain't got time to start piddling with trying to stay scent free. Hell, I normally eat pb crackers or peppered beef jerky on stand, so there goes scent containment.

Rich M

WKR
You're gonna freak:

I put them into a big tote with mothballs and put in the attic.
Couple weeks before season, they come down and get washed in scent free soap - drier with unscented sheets.
Worn and hunted.

My jackets go into a closet with my work clothes. Sometimes wash them before season.