Suggestions on Kifaru Gear

Ltoops

FNG
Looking for Kifaru gear suggestions heading to the backcountry for a 7-10 day Elk trip.

judders87

FNG
If you decide you want a Hoodlum in Coyote Brown I've got a brand new one to sell... decided to keep my multicam one. Probably will be the most suggested pack for a 7-10 elk trip from Kifaru.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
If you decide you want a Hoodlum in Coyote Brown I've got a brand new one to sell... decided to keep my multicam one. Probably will be the most suggested pack for a 7-10 elk trip from Kifaru.
This would be a great set up for what you are looking for. You get the Hoodlum in CB from him and than just buy the frame online. My favorite bag we have is the hoodlum. I did two 7 day trips this past season and had plenty of room to add extra days of food.

OP
L

Ltoops

FNG
Definitely interested

I’d be jumping on that if the price is right. Those have a good on sale price on the website last time I looked in Coyote Brown. Love my Hoodlum. The next one is the frame. Duplex light or Tactical. I have the UL (which they no longer make) and Tactical and really am undecided on which one I like better.

Last edited:
The Reckoning is another one to look at. I've used mine a bit so far and have done an overnighter in it. Plenty of room and ability to accessorise it. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Looking forward to hiking some meat out in it over the next couple of months.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
They have an All Packs Comparison on their website with all the capacities laid out. How much bag you need usually has a lot to do with experience, season, and terrain. No one ever says "I wish my bag was smaller" but lots carry extra crap just because they have the space. If it's your first backcountry trip, go with at least a 5k ci bag. If you haven't already emailed Kenneth or Kifaru....do that, they won't steer you wrong.

Super happy with my kifaru packs so far. I have a hoodlum and a 22 mag. Also they have several multicam bags on sale right now.